Student Survival

Student Survival - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 3rd Sep, 2005 - 7:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2005 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Student Survival

SURVIVAL TIPS FOR STUDENTS

Attention, college students: Do not put aluminum foil in your microwaves.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...57715%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
22nd Aug, 2005 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Survival Student

Funny, but true. I remember seeing a lot of this going on during the years I went to college. I remember putting CD's in microwaves too. Maybe that should be on their list. It only takes about 3 second to have a nice light show. On a more serious note, it is probably good that the ASSE put this teaser out. You never know what someone might try next. Those were the days...

23rd Aug, 2005 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Student Survival UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Unfortunately, college students these days are bred on "Xtreme" TV and sports, and have no problem trying almost anything -- particularly after a three-day drunk. Hopefully, a few common sense tips will help some of these kids smile.gif

(Slightly offtopic: It's one of the reasons I don't generally buy food from fast food joints -- I remember what we used to do when I worked at a couple back in the late 70's, and we were *tame* in comparison.)

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2005 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Student Survival
A Friend

Survival Student

. . .! That was too funny! I learned a few from my old roommate.

"Don't put a pop-tart in a microwave and heat for 3 minutes." No joke. At least she took it out of the foil wrapping, but our entire dorm smelled like burnt poptart for a good week.

I particularly liked the blowtorch advice:

Oh, and don't heat your spaghetti in a can with a blowtorch, or at least don't do it while your roommate clears the line on the propane tank.

And one from the fiance:

Don't use dishwashing soap in the dishwasher.

Duh.

> TOPIC: Student Survival

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,