Black Hawk Down

Black Hawk Down - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 31st Dec, 2010 - 9:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

4th Sep, 2005 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

Black Hawk Down

I am surprised this movie has not been reviewed as yet. I just watched this yesterday and found it to be moving. Being already attached to war movies tends to give me a biased thumbs up save for the fictions like Rambo II & III, however, within this film you can see the fear that goes through each person's soul as they have to enter what might be certain death.

One part of the film that I thought was kind of amusing was the ground forces general, did anyone notice how he would arrive with some ATVs and just walk out to meet the men while bullets were flying all about him? He really did not care much about his own life, he is a good example of how war can make a man as cold as ice.

For more on the film:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265086

Pictures: https://www.sonypictures.com/movies/blackhawkdown/

My Rating: 2 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo--> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2005 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Black Hawk Down
A Friend

Down Hawk Black

I think what moved me the most about this movie was that it wasn't a love story with a little bit of the war story included in it. Pearl Harbor was supposed to be centered around a war, but it was more of a love story. Black Hawk Down really hits hard because it is fact and it's not sugar coated.

It keeps you in tune with everything. Nowadays, especially, I think a movie like that really hits home because it hits so many of us in a more person way. It's definately a movie I would recommend for people to see.

4th Sep, 2005 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Black Hawk Down Sports & Fashion Music Movies

it wasn't a love story with a little bit of the war story included in it.

That is a good point that I did not even notice. You get so used to these odd love stories in the middle of turmoil that wether it is there or not I often miss it. Another part that brought a little twist to the film was the gunner that could not hear because his partner kept firing in his ear - that guy acted the part ace.

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2005 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

Black Hawk Down
A Friend

Down Hawk Black

I will admit the picture of the guy's wife was a very endearing piece to add into. Especially when he's trying to grab it.

I think the guy who was always deaf was a way to bring in a little bit of comical relief in such a dramatic element. It's been a long time since I have seen it, but I do remember laughing a little at that whole ordeal.

4th Sep, 2005 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Down Hawk Black

Yes, it was obvious that it was to allow the audience to relax just a bit before seeing more blood and guts. Now the wrenching parts of the film are these:

1. The recsue attempt where the pilot asks when is a rescue team going to show up and the delta force soldiers says we (two of them) are it. The look on the guys face of all hope lost is a classic of the true meaning of war in the end of the day: the soldier is out there with everything to lose and nothing much to gain. Interestingly enough this pilot lives!

2. Near the end when they were finally coming out of city and there was no room for them on the convoy, they had to run out of the city to make it alive, I at that point, felt as though I were running with them.

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2005 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Black Hawk Down
A Friend

Black Hawk Down

What Black Hawk Down shows is how America tries to be good with knowing what the hell they are really doing! I can't blame Clinton for sending the relief supplies to the Somalis. In fact I congratulate him. But,and here is a big but, why didn't America figure out beforehand that the food supplies were not going to the people but the clan leaders? Personally,I could have settled the issue of Somalia's warlords much more easily and cheaper as well. Just invite them to a huge party, and as soon as they got there, blow up the building and then deliever the food supplies and help rebuild the country by building roads, building sewer systems,setting up electricity in the rural towns and of course set up a democractic governemnt. Oh,wait a minute, I forgot this is the movie board,not the international discussions forum! Anyway,that said Black Hawk Down is very good at showing how Americans screwed up in Somalia.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Sep, 2005 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

Black Hawk Down

Excellent movie. I felt connected to each one of the characters and I could feel in more than one instance that I was there fighting with them. The director did a great job on this. It made me want to find out even more about this Somalia issue and I shed tears in more than one part. I thought it was an amazing movie and I highly recommend it.

2 starblue.gif' /><!--endemo-->  </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2010 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Black Hawk Down Movies Music Fashion & Sports

123 elite U.S. Soldiers drop into Somalia to capture two top lieutenants of a renegade warlord and find themselves in a desperate battle with a large force of heavily-armed Somalis.

Black Hawk Down
Black Hawk Down (Hover)

> TOPIC: Black Hawk Down

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,