Recovering Alcoholic - Page 3 of 4

What makes alcoholics drink? Research shows - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 9th Sep, 2017 - 8:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
My name is and I am a...
17th Nov, 2009 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic - Page 3

Thank you Krakyn, it is what I needed to hear. (read) thankyou for your find words and thoughts. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Nov, 2009 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic
A Friend

Alcoholic Recovering

Yes giving it up is very hard. Being able to look at yourself and know that you have a problem with drinking is the first step to giving it all up. I am glad I was able to take that step. Having a supportive family is also key as they can help you stay away from the alcohol. I hope that as time goes on for you it gets much easier to avoid drinking. I know that happened for me to the point I can hang with people who are drinking and not take or even think of drinking myself.

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2012 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Recovering Alcoholic Health & Special Psychology

Evolving treatments for alcoholism, other addictions can work wonders

Treatment for alcoholism, as well as other addictions, has evolved dramatically over the last few years. Ref. Source 6

27th Jul, 2014 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Alcoholic Recovering

A good book that talks about the power of appetite and has a focus on overcoming alcoholism is:

Grappling with the Monster The Curse and the Cure of Strong Drink by T. S. (Timothy Shay) Arthur.

An excerpt:

international QUOTE
One fact attendant on habitual drinking stands out so prominently that none can call it in question. It is that of the steady growth of appetite. There are exceptions, as in the action of nearly every rule; but the almost invariable result of the habit we have mentioned, is, as we have said, a steady growth of appetite for the stimulant imbibed. That this is in consequence of certain morbid changes in the physical condition produced by the alcohol itself, will hardly be questioned by any one who has made himself acquainted with the various functional and organic derangements which invariably follow the continued introduction of this substance into the body.

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2017 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Alcoholic Recovering

Social rejection by those closest to you can lead to subsequent drinking

The need to belong and experience social connections is a fundamental human characteristic. Prior research has shown that social rejection is linked to increases in negative emotions, distress, and hostility. This study examined the impact of social rejection on alcohol use, and whether the impact differed when the social rejection was by close others, such as friends, spouses or family members, or by strangers or acquaintances. Ref. Source 9j.

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2017 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic
A Friend

Recovering Alcoholic

I can see how this can effect someone to where they want to just drown their sorrows in a beer or other alcoholic drink. There have been times in my life that I turned to beer to find happiness. But that was back when I was a lot younger.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Mar, 2017 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic
A Friend

Recovering Alcoholic - Page 3

Yes,a friend of mine started abusing alcohol after a particularly hard tour in the sand box. We had to do an intervention to help him. This was something they warned us about prior to the intervention.

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 8:26am / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

What makes alcoholics drink? Research shows it's more complex than supposed. What makes alcoholics drink? New research has found that in both men and women with alcohol dependence, the major factor predicting the amount of drinking seems to be a question of immediate mood. Surprisingly men with a history of depression were drinking less often than men who were not depressed. This probably means that alcohol treatment needs to be individually tailored. Source 2c.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Recovering Alcoholic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,