Recovering Alcoholic - Page 2 of 4

When away one does tend to find it easy to - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 8th Nov, 2009 - 1:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
My name is and I am a...
24th Nov, 2008 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic - Page 2

I can't recall the exact date so I don't know how long it has been, maybe a few years. I did not keep a date because I figured if I was going to quit for good then it should not matter for how long.

Sponsored Links:
24th Nov, 2008 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Alcoholic Recovering

I thought I had posted here. I was a heavy weekend drinker and it started to extend so I laid back a lot but never stopped till after I got married. I know I would relapse if I exposed my self to it again. I have 2 drinks a year at my company Christmas party and at a friends house.

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2008 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic
A Friend

Recovering Alcoholic Health & Special Psychology

I can tell you all it has been a good six months since I had even a beer. I am not missing it at all. I know if I want a beer there is one in the refridge. I am just into other things right now.

Post Date: 24th May, 2009 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic
A Friend

Page 2 Alcoholic Recovering

Dear Klar
You stated, "I am an alcoholic" then went on to say you stopped drinking hard alcohol, and now only drink beer, and you can stop drinking beer at any time." Yes, Klar you are and alcoholic, and.... It doesn't matter if it is a beer or a shot, it's all alcohol.
That's called rationalization, I can say this Klar because I live with an alcoholic, he stopped drinking 'hard stuff' too, now only drinks beer. It's hard to live with someone you know is hurting themselves. If you love your wife, ask her. Heaven only knows it's not an easy thing to overcome. I live with family members who struggle with alcohol, I attend support groups with my daughter every single week. Please Klar, think long and hard about what you said. Then put down the can and really start to live. You seem like such a nice man. I know your family love you, and want you to live a long and healthy life!

24th Sep, 2009 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Alcoholic Recovering

Hello,
I have been struggling will alcohol for years. I can't just have one, it turns into three to seven. I have been sober for 2 months. Its hard because its such a social thing to do. I am getting married in October and I will find it hard not to drink, but I think if I can get through that hurdle, I should be fine. I'll be happy to toast myself with cranberry juice! wink.gif Alcohol is everywhere and its not easy to give up. I applaud everyone who has shared their story and survived.

25th Sep, 2009 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic

I am going to advise you what I did have a dry wedding any those who truly care for you will understand and still come. The rest well who needs them. I have been sober for a few years now and it was no easy trip.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Nov, 2009 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic - Page 2

I thank you Krakyn, perhaps I should have listened to you. I didn't have a dry wedding and I was sober. However, I thought it would be all right to have a few drinks on my honeymoon. Now I'm home, its ten times worse. I've been sober since I've been home, but its only been a week. But on the plus side, I have a very supportive husband and family. wink.gif

8th Nov, 2009 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Recovering Alcoholic Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

When away one does tend to find it easy to drink a few. The thing is at least it was not at home, your mind will find it easier to separate the two. Also as long as you are seeing your behavior for what it was it does help I think.

Hope you had a real good time on your honeymoon and may God bless and be the corner stone for your marriage.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Recovering Alcoholic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,