Why Do Men Have Nipples?

Why Men Nipples - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 1st Sep, 2005 - 4:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2005 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Why Do Men Have Nipples?

And why do men have nipples?

While only females have mammary glands, we all start out in a similar way in the embryo, the authors explain. The embryo follows a female template until about six weeks, when the male sex chromosome kicks in.

Men, however, have already developed nipples.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=...sure_nipples_dc

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2005 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

Nipples Men Why

The answer to the question has never been a high priority in my mind, but the answer seems logical enough. It may also explain why some men may also have over developed nipples (rare, but it happens) probably as a result of a delayed 'kick-in' of the male blue print.

6th Aug, 2005 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

Why Do Men Have Nipples? Health & Special Psychology

Not just human males, but also male dogs and cats, I've noticed, have rudimentary nipples.

Offtopic but,
Actually, men can develop breast cancer, just as women can. It's not as common, but it's not all that rare either.

...does anyone else thing it's significant that all humans begin as female?!

6th Aug, 2005 - 8:58am / Post ID: #

Nipples Men Why

probably as a result of a delayed 'kick-in' of the male blue print.

I'm not sure if that statement of yours is true (as far as I know it could be), but I can tell you for sure that a dis-balance of hormones can induce over/bat development of nipples.

Not just human males, but also male dogs and cats, I've noticed, have rudimentary nipples.

I think ALL male mammals have nipples.

1st Sep, 2005 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Nipples Men Why

I'm not sure if that statement of yours is true...

May not be, it was a loose statement and just a matter of speculation.

Confirming what FarSeer said in her offtopic and in relation to the topic:

Breast cancer gene mutation may affect men too

Reuters - A genetic mutation previously linked to the development of breast cancer in women may also be responsible for some cancers in men, according to a report published on Thursday.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...hl_nm/cancer_dc

> TOPIC: Why Do Men Have Nipples?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,