Iching

Iching - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 8th Sep, 2005 - 8:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2005 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Iching

Is there any significance behind the Iching methods or is it merely to be taken as a thing chance and theory. Here is an example piece of text:

Ch'ien / The Creative

above CH'IEN THE CREATIVE, HEAVEN
below CH'IEN THE CREATIVE, HEAVEN

The first hexagram is made up of six unbroken lines. These unbroken lines stand for the primal power, which is light-giving, active, strong, and of the spirit. The hexagram is consistently strong in character, and since it is without weakness, its essence is power or energy. Its image is heaven. Its energy is represented as unrestricted by any fixed conditions in space and is therefore conceived of as motion. Time is regarded as the basis of this motion. Thus the hexagram includes also the power of time and the power of persisting in time, that is, duration.

The power represented by the hexagram is to be interpreted in a dual sense in terms of its action on the universe and of its action on the world of men. In relation to the universe, the hexagram expresses the strong, creative action of the Deity. In relation to the human world, it denotes the creative action of the holy man or sage, of the ruler or leader of men, who through his power awakens and develops their higher nature.

THE JUDGMENT

THE CREATIVE works sublime success, Furthering through perseverance.

For text and understanding on the concept:
https://www.francomm.com/home/skand/web/hom.../ichingtext.htm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 8:16am / Post ID: #

Iching
A Friend

Iching

This thread really took me off guard because of the way it was written. I have always seen in written as I'Ching. The Hexagram has been a powerful symbol in different mysticisms as well as the pentagram. To me, I am an unbeliever because I have failed to see any power manifest in any religion including I'Ching. But what is unique about I'ching is that is uses essentially binary logic in divination as found in yin/yang (no REAL binary logic as in computer!). While most of the time different forms of divination are easily spotted, I'Ching(the book of changes) has methodically blended itself into modern culture. Some forms of I'Ching are used everyday and we don't even realize it. Flipping a coin is one of the first developed forms of I'Ching we use. Coins had little value when this practice was created. The coin was a special circular medal especially made for determining the path to go between two choices presented.

The use of the Visionary I-Ching can help you

* make decisions that logic can't handle
* reduce stress around changes and decisions
* better manage sensitive relationships & office politics
* develop superior timing
* access creative insight and intuitive power

https://www.tarot.com/about-oracle/?l=20&file=what

I'Ching, unlike other forms of divination, seeks to help the mind, body, and soul of the user. I'ching allows the body to prosper by removing the responsibility from the user. After studying it and reading a couple books I break it down a little differently.

By using I'ching, which I take as luck, you no longer need to worry over decisions. Decisions will now be made quicker and without worry since it is out of your hands. If something bad happens, it was fate and you would have made the same decision any way. This takes the stress of real life off of users and allows them to enjoy life as much as their luck allots.

> TOPIC: Iching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,