California - Page 4 of 5

Plan to divide California into 6 states advances - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Feb, 2014 - 3:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Los Angeles, San Diego, Hollywood
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2011 - 10:38am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

California - Page 4

Heat records fall across San Diego County

At least five communities recorded new highs for the date, and Thursday will be nearly as hot, the National Weather Service says. The temperature hits 104 in El Cajon. Ref. Source 3

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2011 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

California

Cold Pacific storm brings rain, snow, rainbow

The coldest part of a Pacific storm is moving through Southern California. Forecasters say Palomar Mountain will receive 3'' to 6'' of snow by late tonight. Snow level could drop to the 4,000 foot level. Rain to continue in mountains. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2011 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

California History & Civil Business Politics

Climate changes in California come into focus

Research by federal and university scientists on the West Coast shows that common trees are fading from their native ranges, premium wine grape territory likely will shrink significantly, the hub of the state's water system faces increasing risk from extreme weather and - surprisingly - birds in the state are getting bigger as the weather warms. Ref. Source 7

10th Dec, 2011 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 California

A few months ago, my family and I moved near the California state capitol of Sacramento. We weren't really sure how we would like the area, but I have to say that it's turning out really very well! We are in a suburb about 15 minutes from downtown.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are a lot of trees here that have their leaves changing with the change of seasons. It's such a jolt to be traveling along the road amidst the trees that are mostly evergreen and find an explosion of orange and red and yellow colored trees! So pretty! I've seen pictures of the trees back in New England changing, but I had no idea that the colors would be so vivid and breathtaking.

On a couple of occasions for work, I've had to go downtown to take care of some business at the Secretary of State's office. When I worked in SoCal, we always mailed these things to an attorney service to walk them in for us, but since I'm so close the boss has had me doing it. It's a really lovely area around the capitol building, which is a huge structure! I had no idea it was so big! Really pretty park surrounds it, too. My mom and my daughter and I are excited to be able to take a tour there to see the state legislative areas where bills are debated and passed into law and defeated - where democracy takes place. Even the Secretary of State's office is an impressive edifice.

We have a major freeway not far from us, so getting "from here to there" is very convenient. Where we used to live, it took 30 minutes to get to any freeway in any direction - made it difficult to go places. Here, I can even hop on the freeway for just a couple of miles and avoid the traffic in town to take my daughter to school.

There are several rivers in the area. Sacramento is a delta, where rivers converge. It's interesting to see what a difference water makes in the climate! SoCal is so dry in comparison. We have Canada geese and wild turkeys and frogs everywhere. And, of course, mosquitos. But it's also FLAT here - flat flat flat! You can't see any kind of even a little hill for miles and miles and miles. It's interesting to see how half the sky goes dark as the sun sets, while the other half is light.

The culture here is one of great diversity. We are seeing a much more international influence, with Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern, and Eastern European peoples. Many segments of American culture are well represented here, too - Hispanic, African-American, etc. All of this is reflected in the local restaurants and shops.

It's a lovely place. We are enjoying it so much! I'm excited to find out more about it as we discover new places to visit.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2011 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

California

Snow, winds usher in cold weekend

Mount Laguna has 14 inches of snow and is expected to get 7 more inches by noon Saturday. The heaviest snow is expected along Sunrise Highway between Mount Laguna and Lake Cuyamaca. Chains are required in Julian. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2011 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

California

New year and 760 new state laws

Many Californians make resolutions for the new year. In Sacramento, they make laws - lots of laws. This year's crop will touch consumers, children, college students and possibly even the Chargers. Ref. Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2013 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

California - Page 4

State Route 79 near Warner Springs is closed in both directions after a fatal rollover crash Monday morning involving a Department of Corrections vehicle. Source 3

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2014 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

California Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Plan to divide California into 6 states advances

The initiative to divide the state could be on the ballot in November Ref. Source 9

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: California

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,