Utah - Page 6 of 14

Utah still unique, but becoming more like - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2009 - 5:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (14) »
Utah Culture
Post Date: 25th May, 2009 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Utah - Page 6

Utah wind farm

Construction workers on the Milford Wind Corridor, a planned 300-megawatt wind-energy farm in Beaver County, have finished 20 of the foundations needed for the farm's 97 wind turbines. Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
1st Sep, 2009 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Utah

From what I have heard about Utah, there are a large number of mormons. I've also heard that it is a very rural area. I've never been to Utah myself, but these are the things I have read and heard about the state. I saw a picture of Bryce National Park, which is a tourist attraction formed by erosion.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 5 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.5%

1st Sep, 2009 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Utah History & Civil Business Politics

Some parts of Utah, yes are quite rural but others not. It's a very nice state, if I ever move to the US I would definetely choose Utah for the friendliness of the people, the weather, the mountains and the family oriented activities.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

1st Sep, 2009 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Utah

We live in Utah now. Last I heard, the state is about 60% Mormon, but Salt Lake City is less than 40% LDS.

There are about 2.5 million people living in the state, with the vast majority living along the Wasatch Front (Brigham City, Ogden metropolis, Bountiful, Salt Lake City metropolis, and the Orem/Provo metropolis. Well over 1 million people live in Salt Lake Valley.

No matter where someone lives in the state, they are less than one hour from incredible outdoor activity areas. In a little over 30 minutes, we can be at a high mountain reservoir getting ready for some water skiing, swimming, or fishing. And most of that trip is up a beautiful canyon along a rushing stream.

We live at about 4300 feet elevation. The tallest mountain in the state is Mount Nebo, at nearly 12,000 feet. The mountains near us (less than 6 miles away) are about 10,000 feet elevation.

Temperatures have been in the upper 80's to mid 90's for the last week or so. But the humidity is so low (10 - 20%) most of the time that it is very comfortable at those temperatures.

The state is classified as semi-arid, as we get less than 15" of rain per year.

Tourism is a major industry for the state, as the natural wonders possibly exceed any other state. Hundreds of movies and television shows are filmed in the state due to the beautiful scenery. Many people also make a point of stopping to see the LDS historical sites such as Temple Square.

Personally, while I like Utah a lot, I would prefer to live in Idaho. But other than that, Utah is the best place I have lived in my life, and I have lived in a LOT of different places.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2009 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Utah

Utahns are nation's most charitable

Utahns give far more of their income to charity than any other Americans, a Deseret News study of Internal Revenue Service tax data shows. Utahns reported providing $2.9 billion to charity in 2006, or 5 percent of their adjusted gross income. Ref. Source 1

6th Sep, 2009 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Utah

I am not surprised. In my visits to Utah, I found the people very involved with their communities (soup kitchens, etc) and ready to help those who are in need.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Sep, 2009 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Utah - Page 6

The charity work probably goes hand in hand with religion. It seems that the people coming from Utah are friendly and laid back.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 5 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.5%

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2009 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Utah Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Utah still unique, but becoming more like nation

That's not all. Utah has the nation's youngest median age (thanks to all those children); most stay-at-home moms; highest rate of women who gave birth last year; the people who marry the youngest; the most households headed by married couples; and the most households with children. Ref. Source 9

> TOPIC: Utah

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,