Massachusetts

Massachusetts - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Jul, 2006 - 2:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »
Massachusetts Culture
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The capital of Massachusetts is Boston and the State was admitted to the Union on: February 6, 1788. Feel free to discuss the Culture & Traditions of Massachusetts within this thread.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Oct, 2005 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Massachusetts
A Friend

Massachusetts

Massachusetts may well be best known for its famous family, the Kennedys. John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy where the two most famous brothers of the Kennedy family. Both where senators from massachusetts, and both where assinated. Massachusetts continues to elect members of its famous family into congress with Ted Kennedy being the recent family member in office. Beyond that, the state is resoundingly beautiful in the fall and spring, and a great quiet spot to visit.

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2005 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Massachusetts History & Civil Business Politics

Floating Island Washes Up on Backyard

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) - A rare floating island in a pond here broke free during last weekend's storm and was beached in nearby backyard. The 10,000 square-foot land mass had been floating in Island Pond, but last week's heavy rains shifted the island ``over my fence, crushing it, and onto my property,'' said Andrew Renna.
Ref. https://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp...315.htm&sc=1120

24th Oct, 2005 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Massachusetts

Wow! I hadn't heard about this and I live in Massachusetts. All I have been hearing on the news is about the dam in Taunton that they thought was going to break. They evacuated the downtown area, closed the streets and the schools for a few days until they could build a new dam near the one that was failing.

Anyway, I am interested in the entire concept of a floating island. Does it normally stay in one place? I would think if it floats it would move all over the place so I don't understand the statement about it breaking free.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2005 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Massachusetts

Watching for Flooding

MAYNARD, Mass. - New Englanders closely watched local rivers for signs of flooding Wednesday after an early nor'easter fueled by Hurricane Wilma drenched the already soaked region. No major flooding was expected, but rivers will continue to rise, said Peter Judge, a spokesman for the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051026/ap_on_...ilma_nor_easter

26th Oct, 2005 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Massachusetts

Well my basement flooded again for the second time in as many weeks. If this rain in Massachusetts doesn't stop soon, I will be building an ark. laugh.gif

After the Taunton Dam scare, the state ordered emergency inspections of all dams that had been listed as needing repairs the last time they were inspected. Of the ones inspected, 8 were given a rating indicating they needed immediate repair. One of those is in the town in which I live! I bet it doesn't get repaired anytime soon.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Dec, 2005 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Massachusetts

I too live in Massachusetts and never heard about the floating island. I was well aware of the Taunton dam and the others. Luckily for me I do not have a basement so no ark was needed.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2006 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Massachusetts
A Friend

Massachusetts Politics Business Civil & History

Now you guys have Tropical Storm Beryl, which somehow made it as far as Massachusetts, which rarely happens.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Massachusetts

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,