New York

New York - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Feb, 2006 - 11:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
New York Culture
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

New York

New York Culture

The capital of New York is Albany and the State was admitted to the Union on: July 26, 1788. Feel free to discuss the Culture & Traditions of New York within this thread.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2005 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

New York
A Friend

York New

I have been to New York and love seeing the rich culture and history of New York first hand! So many different things to point to. New York was and is the starting point for many overseas travellers and immigrants. The first thing they see is one of the pictures of American freedom, the Statue of Liberty. Travel up to Buffalo New York and see the combined majesty of the Niagera Falls.

6th Oct, 2005 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

New York History & Civil Business Politics

Keeping on the cultural tract... I believe too many people mix up New York City with New York itself. I have passed through both and find the areas outside of the city to be so different and I would dear say a lot more friendly than the mass of confusion that is the 'Big Apple'. Of course you will see that I am not a fan of noise and lights, so my opinion may be biased.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 6th Oct, 2005 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

York New

NYC Increases Subway Security After Threat

Authorities stepped up security Thursday after receiving what city officials called a credible threat that the New York subway could be the target of a terrorist attack in coming days. But Homeland Security officials in Washington downplayed the threat, saying it was of "doubtful credibility."
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/

20th Jan, 2006 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

York New

New York is an awesome state and it is an awesome city. The state is very different, encompassing places like the Adirondack mountains, which are beautiful and rugged. I had the opportunity to work in the Adirondacks at a summer camp, and it was so gorgeous up there. I met a lot of people who had family that lived there for generations, and plenty of old timers who told me stories about wrestling with black bears. Very different kind of place, very remote.

The city is just as awesome in its own way. I loved the lights, the noise, the energy of the people. There were so many museums, it was unreal. he Met, the Guggenheim, the Natural History museum...not to mention all of the theaters and galleries. The place just buzzes with creativity. And the people there are so nice, not at all like they are sometimes portrayed on tv.
All in all, on my trip to NY, the city and the state, I had nothing but positive experinces. But the city...I think it measures up to great cities of the world, past and future. Its just got that much constant potential going on there.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2006 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

New York

Helicopter flights between Manhattan, JFK

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York's first commercial airport helicopter service in over 20 years is scheduled to start regular flights next month, its operator said Monday, giving deep pocketed New York travelers a way of skipping traffic as well as security lines.
Ref. www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2006-02-07-jfk-helicopter_x.htm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Feb, 2006 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

New York

New Snow Record!

NEW YORK (AP) The National Weather Service says a snowfall record has been set for New York City, with 26.9 inches measured in Central Park.
Ref. Yahoo News

12th Feb, 2006 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

New York Politics Business Civil & History

I was born in Brooklyn, NY but my mother moved shortly thereafter back to Canada. I did have the opportunity to interview for job in Poughkeepsie, NY which is about an hour west of New York City. It was a very scenic area of the state, and I really enjoyed driving through the countryside when I was there. In November, 2006, I hope to be able to take my family to New York City for the Macy's Parade, and visit with the few family members that are left there.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: New York

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,