Fifth

Fifth - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 24th Sep, 2005 - 3:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Fifth disease (viral infection)
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Fifth

What do you know about Fifth disease (viral infection)?

Fifth disease is a viral infection which often affects red blood cells. It is caused by a human parvovirus (B19). For many years, fifth disease was viewed as an unimportant rash illness of children. Recently, studies have shown that the virus may be responsible for serious complications in certain individuals.

Who gets fifth disease?
Anyone can be infected, but the disease seems to occur more often in elementary school-age children.

How is the virus spread?
The virus is spread by exposure to airborne droplets from the nose and throat of infected people.

Ref. https://health.utah.gov/els/epidemiology/epifacts/fifths.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2005 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Fifth
A Friend

Fifth

I have three kids that are young, and my oldest is in elementary school and I have never heard of this virus. I have dealt with the ocassional unknown rash that last for about a week with no cause. It makes me wonder if this was what was wrong. It doesn't seem to have any lasting effect on young kids though and doesn't seem to hang around very long.

> TOPIC: Fifth

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,