Crohn's Disease

Crohn' S Disease - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 16th Oct, 2016 - 8:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Inflammatory bowel disease
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Crohn's Disease

How much do you know about the disease called, 'Crohn's'?

Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), the general name for diseases that cause inflammation in the intestines. Crohn's disease can be difficult to diagnose because its symptoms are similar to other intestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome and to another type of IBD called ulcerative colitis. Ulcerative colitis causes inflammation and ulcers in the top layer of the lining of the large intestine.
Crohn's disease affects men and women equally and seems to run in some families. About 20 percent of people with Crohn's disease have a blood relative with some form of IBD, most often a brother or sister and sometimes a parent or child.
Ref. Source

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2005 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Crohn's Disease
A Friend

Disease Crohns

My aunt had Crohns disease and it seems to be pretty nasty. She has to wear a bag now and empty it when it gets full. Its sad to see her because she gets embarrassed when it gets full. I'm not sure, but I think her drinking made it worse to.

When she first contracted it, she tried to change her diet. She ultimately had three surgeries to remove her large intestine completely before she had to wear the bag.

30th Sep, 2005 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

Crohn's Disease Health & Special Psychology

A young woman at work has Crohn's disease. It doesn't seem to affect her too much, currently, but I understand it can have cyclical flare-ups. She does seem to have a lot of trouble during pregnancy, and in fact after her last child was born her doctor said she shouldn't have any more -- that it could be fatal for her.

One of my sister's sons also has been "sort of" diagnosed with it, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

A really uncomfortable, and even embarrassing, condition.

18th Aug, 2008 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Disease Crohns

It can cause seer abdominal pain and is largely unknown in the cause. I watched a show where the person had many testify that it was parasites and was cured in their cases buy a parasite cleansing. Basically holes in the intestine like ulcers (also caused buy parasites and bacteria) so maybe there is a connection though not always the case.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2008 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Disease Crohns

Crohn's patients plea for study

Crohn's disease patients are being urged to take part in pioneering research to find the first preventative medicine for their condition.
Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 6th Sep, 2016 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Crohn's Disease

New hope for new Crohn's disease treatment

Scientists have made a discovery that could potentially lead to treatments for a debilitating complication of Crohn's disease. Ref. Source 9o.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2016 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

Crohn's Disease

Fungus in humans identified for first time as key factor in Crohn's disease

A fungus has been identified as a key factor in the development of Crohn's disease, an international team of researchers has identified for the first time. Ref. Source 9q.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2016 - 8:22am / Post ID: #

Crohn's Disease Psychology Special & Health

Food-poisoning bacteria may be behind Crohn's disease

People who retain a particular bacterium in their gut after a bout of food poisoning may be at an increased risk of developing Crohn's disease later in life, according to a new study. Ref. Source 2y.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Crohn's Disease

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,