New Zealand Politics

New Zealand Politics - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Oct, 2007 - 3:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

New Zealand Politics

BRASH ACCUSED OF LIES OVER BRETHREN PAMPHLET

A rattled Don Brash has admitted he knew about and encouraged an anti-Government campaign by Exclusive Brethren members as evidence emerges that the sect is also actively campaigning for the National Party.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3404366a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2005 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

New Zealand Politics
A Friend

Politics Zealand New

It looks like politics as usual in New Zealand. If he has really been lying about his knowledge and involvement with this other group, then my call is the same as it is in my own country. He should bow out of the race. The New Zealand people better wise up really fast and not elect a proven liar. Once someone who is a slick talker gets into office, its very hard, near impossible to get them out.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2005 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

New Zealand Politics History & Civil Business Politics

MINISTERS 'SUBVERT DEMOCRACY'

The Ombudsmen have accused some Government ministers of subverting democracy by withholding official information for political reasons.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3463346a11~,00.html

16th Feb, 2006 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Politics Zealand New

Why would you want to lay hold on an island that has no interest in being part of you?

NZ KEEPS ITS LAST COLONY

TOKELAU: Tokelau will stay as New Zealand's last colony despite most of the islanders voting for independence.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3574775a10~,00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

New Zealand Politics
A Friend

Politics Zealand New

New Zealand has a strange foreign aid policy, especially when it comes to our neighbouring and smaller island nations. It seems that us kiwis are one of the more trusting and kind hearted nations in the pacific, if not the world, and our politicians try to promote this every chance they get. For the NZ government to relinquish claims on a smaller island, would be tantamount to abandonment.
We have incredible problems with political correctness in NZ, and the 'indigenous' people have caused our government to continuously look over their collective shoulders due to scare mongering, and threats of civil uprising. Unfortunately due to the size of our population, and our general pleasant demeanour, it takes a very samller number to upset the whole political system.
Our government would look at this bid for independence as a slap in the face. I say let them go, we don't need any more island nations raping our social welfare system.

18th Feb, 2006 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

New Zealand Politics

I actually admire the way NZ treat its indigenous population when compared to Australia's disgraceful record.

Ever since British colonisation, Australian Governments have either massacred, displaced or completely ignored the plight of Aborigines.

The Howard Government won't even offer a simple apology for the way Aborigines have been treated over 200 years. Aborigines have a life expectancy of at least 10-15 years less than the rest of our community. They often live in third-world conditions you would expect to see in Africa.

From what I see of NZ, you genuinely care about Maori heritage and rights. And not just when it comes to token ceremonies to entertain tourists.

Perhaps sometimes the political correctness gets out of hand. But I take my hat off to the effort NZ makes towards properly recognising the rights of its original inhabitants.

As for our smaller neighbours. I think we have a duty to provide aid and assistance to those who need it around the world. Australia and NZ are the big wigs in Oceania, so we should help out when needed. But this should be done unconditionally, and not to exploit other nation's resources.

A good example of this is Australia's pathetic attempts to take East Timor's oil by trying to re-draw international nautical boundaries. Australia helped free East Timor from Indonesia after years of ignoring their plight. The Howard Government believes we deserve their oil as bounty. East Timor is officially the poorest country in the world.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2006 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

New Zealand Politics

WEALTHY FAMILIES GET GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS

About 3000 New Zealand families earning more than $100,000 a year - a third of which have only one child - are receiving family assistance from the Government.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3744883a10~,00.html

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2007 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

New Zealand Politics Politics Business Civil & History

MINISTER TO BE DEMOTED AFTER 'STUPID' PUNCH

Cabinet minister Trevor Mallard will be demoted and stripped of important portfolios after throwing a punch he now admits was "one of the most stupid things I've ever done in my life". Minister hoist on own petard ... Conflict resolution advice for Mallard
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~4250587a10~,00.html

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: New Zealand Politics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,