Real Life Superheroes

Real Life Superheroes - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 18th Aug, 2011 - 2:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: Which of these best reflects your thoughts about Real Life Superheroes?
  I want to join, I want to do this!       33.33%
  This is a very good thing they are doing       11.11%
  I think you can do good without the costume       11.11%
  This is just Halloween everyday of the year       0.00%
  It is too risky, they are putting their lives at risk       33.33%
  This is an excuse to be a vigilante       0.00%
  Leave policing to the police       0.00%
  Some of this may be going to their heads       0.00%
  Just leave them alone       11.11%
Total Votes: 9
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
15th May, 2009 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Real Life Superheroes

Real Life Superheroes

I was watching this on the news: Real Life Superheroes. These are real people with real day time jobs, but at night they walk the streets in their costumes fighting crime. They are not allowed to carry weapons, but they do put on bullet proof vests and carry a theme. They confront drug dealers trying to sell, etc. Seems very dangerous, but it is a serious club. Will you be willing to join?

From their site here are some things you can do as a Superhero:

* → Cleaning up litter or organizing clean up events
    * → Volunteer at your local libraries
    * → Volunteer at a nursing home
    * → Organize a blanket and clothing drive for local shelters
    * → Help find missing persons by flyering and asking questions
    * → Give out sandwiches, blankets or other emergency items to the homeless
    * → Donating blood
    * → Be a volunteer firefighter, police officer, EMT or any other civil service programs
    * → Participate in pre-organized charitable events
    * → Collect canned food for your local food bank
    * → Collect money for a charity of your choice
    * → Collect toys for children
    * → Contact your local board of education and participate in drug prevention
    * → Become a big brother/big sister
    * → Do minor things for people to generally improve their day, such as helping to carry heavy loads, helping ladies across the street, buying people who work outside coffee on a cold day, etc.
    * → Handout, post and/or e-mail wanted posters of known criminals
    * → Join your local neighborhood watch group

Ref. Source 9

Real Life Super Heroes

Real Life Superheroes
Real Life Superheroes (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2009 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Real Life Superheroes
A Friend

Superheroes Life Real

I guess it is all how one goes about this 'super-hero' idea to fight crime.

For starters I hope none of these people actually believe they are super-heroes, they are going to get killed or even worse endanger their families.

I can see this working if some guy or gal in a costume hangs around an area that is known for drug dealing and prostitution and makes a scene. This brings 'light' to the dark corners that these cockroaches look for and it might deter them. This is only if it is a grey area, where decent people exist and are forced tolerate the scum that are seeping into their neighbourhood. With community support the tactic could work.

Realistically though if someone wants to directly confront the "bad-guys" in a costume, they better have some real super-powers otherwise some gang will just kick the stuffing out of them. The "real world" is a brutal place.

10th Jun, 2009 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Real Life Superheroes Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

I agree with what Tiphereth said. The one guy in the skull mask looks like he could be the criminal, he might get shot in a dark place.

Post Date: 12th Jun, 2009 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Real Life Superheroes
A Friend

Superheroes Life Real

I have an article from a national college newspaper on a college kid who bought a top-notch Batman costume and went about at night "heroing." He helped a lady who was being assaulted by a) startling the assailant considerably, and cool.gif by using a stun gun. His friend helped him rig a cable from the top of a building to the ground, which, with some thick work gloves, he was able to slide down it to the rescue.

I'll find the article and post it later!

Steve

9th Dec, 2009 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Superheroes Life Real

I guess they think they're helping but honestly if anyone came up to me dressed like they were I'd like think they were either crazy or going to rob me.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2011 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Real Life Superheroes

An HBO documentary called, "Superheroes" following this same theme can be Discussed here: Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Real Life Superheroes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,