First Comic Memory

First Comic Memory - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 4th Jan, 2006 - 2:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2005 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

First Comic Memory
A Friend

First Comic Memory

All right, folks,

What was the first comic you read and/or remember, and why? I'm talking about the first time characters talking via word bubbles implanted itself in your memory.

For me? First comic book I actually read or cared about was Green Lantern: my father took me to the comic store and showed me some back issues and I loved it for a time. For me, GL = happy childhood trips to the comic book store.

First strip: Calvin and Hobbes. There was something about a child my age (at the time) using imagination the way he did. Patterson had the whole psyche of the slightly smart/slightly hyperactive kid down pat with his Calvin, and Hobbes is a better imaginary friend than most people I know now. Not sure if anyone followed the strip, but there was a fake released about how Calvin is on ritalin-type drugs and Hobbes is nothing more than a stuffed toy permanently. Sad stuff.

How about you folks?

Sponsored Links:
14th Sep, 2005 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

Memory Comic First

Now you are asking me to enter the part of my mind full of cobweb and clouded by age, but I do believe it was either Spider-man or Superman, they have been my long time favorites and from young I always sought them out from the other Comic names, so most likely they were my first.

14th Sep, 2005 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

First Comic Memory Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Well, I am from Argentina so the first memories of comics are local ones then of course Superman and Wonder Woman (all of them in Spanish).

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2006 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

First Comic Memory
A Friend

Memory Comic First

I can clearly remember my first foray into reading comic books. I was ten years old, and went into the hospital for a "routine" surgery that should have sent me home the very next day. However, I have what the Doctors did not foresee, a very unusual resistance to whatever they were using as anesthesia. During my minor surgery, I awoke during the middle of it and in my still groggy state of mind...seeing only the bright light beaming down on me from the Surgery White Lighting....I panicked...and thrashed around, causing the surgeon to ....err...slice me up a bit more than was normal. As a result, I was in the hospital for 26 days....instead of one. The hospital paid for everything of course, and my parents brought me things to read ( and plenty of ice cream and any snacks I could wish for ). My first comic was of the Avengers. I won't say what number it was ( don't want to sound old ). But it grabbed my attention, and although they also brought me some Richie Rich comics and Casper, etc... I asked for more of the Marvel comics, and by the end of my hospital stay I took home a small stack of comics from the Avengers, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the Hulk, and even one of the old Vampirella black & white comics...( which my Mother later confiscated because she thought the drawings were too...provocative ).

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2006 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

First Comic Memory
A Friend

Memory Comic First

The adventures of Asterix and Obelix, of course!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5...characters.jpeg

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2006 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

First Comic Memory
A Friend

First Comic Memory

First comic I can remember reading was an Alpha Flight comic that I got from a friend for a birthday party. It was used, but it introduced me to the comic world. I never really liked Alpha Flight, but I kept it for memory sake. The first comic I really got into was X-men.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: First Comic Memory

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,