Teen Killed For Reporting Molest

Teen Killed Reporting Molest - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2005 - 2:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2005 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

A 13-year-old girl found shot to death was killed because she told authorities her best friend was being molested and authorities ignored the suspect's subsequent threat, family members say.

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9428337/

It was so hard for me to read this without bursting into tears. She was trying to do the right thing and protect her friend who was being molested by her step-father, and ended up paying with her life. The article talks about how the family reported the threat, and nobody took any action. Now, he's on the run, and they believe he is responsible for two other murders at a convencience store.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2005 - 7:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Molest Reporting Killed Teen

It really bothers me to see the authorities ignoring threats and dangers against people because they are younger and some how less believable. The authorities could have stopped this from happening but instead they sat on their hands and did nothing. What do you say to someone in this situation now? Go to the cops, they will do the right thing?

23rd Sep, 2005 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Teen Killed For Reporting Molest History & Civil Business Politics

A quote from the article:

Warren County prosecutor Rachel Hutzel said arresting Keeling earlier would have been premature.

"You cannot go arrest someone until you"ve investigated the case," Hutzel said. "At the same time, could the investigator on the case, 32 hours into it, have predicted this, given this guy's history? I don't think so."

How stupid is that statement? Perhaps they couldn't arrest him for the abuse, but the could have (and should have) arrested him for the threat. I believe that is assault.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

> TOPIC: Teen Killed For Reporting Molest

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,