Tom DeLay

Tom Delay - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Oct, 2013 - 2:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Top  House Majority Leader DeLay Indicted U.S.A. Tom DeLay De Lay - House Majority Leader DeLay Indicted
29th Sep, 2005 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Tom DeLay

international QUOTE
DeLay blasts indictment, prosecutor
Texan steps aside as majority leader, blames partisan retribution

Wednesday, September 28, 2005; Posted: 10:33 p.m. EDT (02:33 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Tom DeLay went on the attack after his indictment on a conspiracy charge, blasting a Texas prosecutor and rejecting the allegation that forced him to give up the House leadership as "Blatant political partisanship."

A Texas grand jury charged DeLay Wednesday with conspiring to illegally funnel corporate cash to state Republicans in 2002, and party rules forced DeLay to abandon his leadership post.

..."'My defense in this case will not be technical or legalistic. It will be categorical and absolute." Source

Interestingly enough, once again the "Support or oppose" Reaction is split right down the middle between Democrats and Republicans. I haven't researched this issue very far, but it seems Mr. DeLay feels that he did nothing wrong. This will be all over the news for weeks to come, I'm sure.

Tom DeLay
Tom DeLay (Hover)

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2005 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Tom DeLay
A Friend

DeLay Tom

Times like this help us to see the political realm as it really is. There is only one party, only one goal. Top republicans like Tom Delay are just as guilty as Bill Clinton and George Bush. They are given so much power and authority and given get out of jail free cards so often that they consider themselves above the law. Does anyone really believe that Delay will be given any real punishment? He will either be found not guilty, or he will be guilty and get a slap on the wrist. If you and I where to do half the things politicians do in their jobs, we would surely be fired.

30th Sep, 2005 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Tom DeLay History & Civil Business Politics

Does anyone really believe that Delay will be given any real punishment? He will either be found not guilty, or he will be guilty and get a slap on the wrist.

I think the real problem is that if he is found not guilty many will not accept that he did nothing wrong. Because he is a politician we will all assume he is guilty and got away with it because of who he is. However, once he has been indicted remember that it is the everyday citizen who sits on that jury judging him. So, I do not believe he will be found not guilty just because he is a politician.

It is possible he is not guilty and is being used for political gain. It is also possible he will be found guilty. Then, perhaps he will get only a slap on the wrist. We shall see. If he does that is the fault of the judge at that point, though.

Nixon got away with his behavior because Ford pardoned him. If no one pardon's delay, and he is found guilty, then I expect he will be punished. It is the pardoning power that I think shoud be abolished.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

24th Nov, 2010 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

DeLay Tom

After more than five years a decision of guilty has been reached:

international QUOTE (CNN)
Texas jury convicts former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay in political money-laundering case. Ref. CNN

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3214 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2011 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

DeLay Tom

Tom DeLay Sentenced

Ex-House Majority Leader Tom DeLay Sentenced to 3 Years in Prison [3:28 p.m. ET] Ref. ABC News

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2013 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Tom DeLay

Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay's conviction on money laundering charges was overturned today by a court in Texas.

DeLay, who was once one of the most powerful men on Capitol Hill, was convicted in 2010 for allegedly trying to influence Texas elections by trying to channel nearly $200,000 in corporate donations to Republicans running for the state legislature, which is prohibited by Texas state law. Delay, who served more than two decades in the House before resigning in 2006, was sentenced to three years in prison.

"Because we conclude that the evidence was legally insufficient to sustain DeLay's convictions, we reverse the judgments of the trial court and render judgments of acquittal," Said an opinion from the District Court of Travis County, Texas. Ref. CNN

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2013 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Tom DeLay

Tom DeLay: I'm back and I'm on a mission from God:

The man known as "The Hammer" For his aggressive negotiating style spent more than $12 million in legal fees in order to avoid jail time. Ref. Source 2

> TOPIC: Tom DeLay

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,