Windows 7 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 6th Nov, 2008 - 6:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

Microsoft latest Windows!
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Windows 7

Microsoft demos 'touch Windows'

Software giant Microsoft gives a sneak peek of its next operating system, Windows 7, at a conference.
Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
29th May, 2008 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Windows

He can keep his touch windows just be me a stable environment to run my software please. I will believe it works when I prove it.

30th May, 2008 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Windows 7 Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I agree with krakyn, they can barely get Vista working right and already they're on Windows 7 or maybe that's why they are on Windows 7 because Vista is such a flop! The other thing I hate about new versions of Windows is they always force you to upgrade your computer. For instance what will Windows 7 need? Oh, maybe a 300GB HD with 4GB RAM? Oh, but wait, its going to be 'touch' windows so now that means we have to get a touch sensitive screem rolleyes.gif.

4th Oct, 2008 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

Windows

Typical Microsoft. Bringing old technology into his OS and make people feel like they computer savy. Oh please I can already touch screen my phone and dvd player in my car. Some banks automated machines also already do this and some computers can only be unlocked with your fingerprint. He should name it Windows TOS (Touch Operating System) so that we can all toss it out the window when we see it launch.

And don't get me started on Vista

Reconcile Edited: lordryoko on 4th Oct, 2008 - 5:42am

6th Oct, 2008 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Windows

You are right on the money old technology reed up at highest cost. Perhaps we should catapults the machines into his personal resort.

6th Nov, 2008 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

Windows 7

I was given a pre-beta copy of this OS and this is what I have uncovered.

It is pretty much Vista but on a slightly higher level. It runs much faster than Vista (almost as fast as XP, almost) and hasn't crashed on me yet (keeps fingers crossed). The installation DVD is almost 3gigs. The included Media Player is very smooth and played almost everything I have. Drivers is not a problem yet because Vista drivers will work for your hardware if Windows 7 is not available. It will actually prompt you and tell you that it is installing Vista drivers instead (cool huh?).

There are other nice little features there and for pre-beta I am not complaining. The pre-betas for Xp and ME wasn't this good, so it looks like a bright future for W7.

Oh forgot to tell you about the touch screen feature. Well it seems to be aimed at Tablet PCs but there is a program there that translates your handwriting into the standard letters of the computer. It was actually very good at recognizing my writing (which is saying very much), of course there were errors but it can learn your style of writing so that it will recognize it next time (another cool feature). Also the mouse click default was singe click to open and hover to select (you can do this already if you didn't know by the way in XP, I think ME also has this feature but I can be wrong). This makes sense on a touch screen computer and was fun to try for a while, some people may like this, some will not.

Anyone need to know more please ask and I will try to answer all the questions. Please have some patience when you ask, I don't always have the time to check and respond but I will try my best.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Nov, 2008 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Windows 7

I must admit this almost sound like a hopeful review! Could windows become a solid os again? I hope so I really like the writing conversion as that would be helpful for my oldest son. He could write out his home work and have it into the computer fast rather then writing then typing as his skills for typing are not up to a speed where he can type and think at the same time. Plus the software might encourage him to writing neater and consistently so it is recognized.

Could this also bring back the art of writing?

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2008 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Windows 7
A Friend

Windows 7 Computer Issues & Video Gaming

It sounds like they learned a lot from their failed Vista program. Maybe window 7 is a OS that can be used by most everyone and not have such a hard time with it. I know the one thing I do not like is the amount of RAM that vista used to operate the system.

With Windows 7 how much RAM is it using while it is up and running?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Windows 7

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,