Wheel Of Time - Page 2 of 2

I love the wheel of time series. I have read - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 5:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2007 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Wheel Of Time
A Friend

Wheel Of Time - Page 2

Robert Jordan(or his real name Sidney Rigdon)
is currently battling for his life. He has a rare condition called
amyloidosis or something like that ( I dont remember how it's spelled exactly)

basically, if I remember correctly, his bone is producing a hardening agent that is ending up in his heart. It is getting harder and harder.

He has been making great progress though. He actually has a blog that he uses to keep fans updated on his condition. Anyone interested can check it out at www.dragonmount.com

Yeah, I am a big fan of this series. I hope he lives to tell the end of this great series.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2008 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Wheel Of Time
A Friend

Time Wheel

I have read all eleven that are out. Sadly to say that I did not see the twelve book come out before He passed away. I am hoping that the book was finished or close enough to being done that we can still put and end to this series.

8th Oct, 2008 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Wheel Of Time UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

This is my all-time favorite series. I really am sorry Robert Jordan (aka James Oliver Rigney Jr.) did not live to complete the series. It sounds like he did work on the final book up until his death last year. And that his family will see to it that the series is complete.

Due to his health problems, Jordan did not work at full force on the final installment A Memory of Light, but blog entries confirmed that he continued work on it until his death, and he shared all of the significant plot details with his family not long before he died.[10] He maintained that in doing so the book will get published even if "the worst actually happens".[11] On December 7, 2007 Tor Books announced that Brandon Sanderson had been chosen to finish the Wheel of Time series. Jordan's widow chose him after reading his Mistborn series.[12]

Source 6

I have been thinking of starting over at book one and re-reading the series to have it all fresh in my mind by the time number 12 comes out sometime in 2009.
I don't think I am familiar with Brandon Sanderson's work. I guess I should check it out also.

Reconcile Edited: alskann on 8th Oct, 2008 - 8:30pm

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2008 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Wheel Of Time
A Friend

Page 2 Time Wheel

I am glad that it is going to be completed. I would hate to have another non completed series in my bookcase.

I have read some of his work and he does a great job. I am sure that we will get the final book to the Wheel of Time series and enjoy the completion. Besides we have to see if Rand does go crazy.

21st Sep, 2016 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Time Wheel

I listened to the series on audio, I just couldn't get into it. I liked Lord of the Rings and the Dune series better.

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Wheel Of Time
A Friend

Wheel Of Time

I love the wheel of time series. I have read them so many times. I haven't read the conclusion of the series yet that Brandon Sanderson wrote. The plan is to read the entire series all the way through. Books 7 through 9 make that a daunting task. That's my only issue with the series. He introduced so many minor characters that the story became bloated. The books I mentioned cover hundreds of characters it seems like but only move the storyline ahead a few days. I might read the cliff notes for those three *smile* Other than that just a wonderful series.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Wheel Of Time

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,