Saints And Soldiers

Saints Soldiers - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Oct, 2007 - 2:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 27th Apr, 2005 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Saints And Soldiers

Saints and Soldiers

"Saints and Soldiers" is a dramatic, intense and heroic WWII film about members of the Greatest Generation struggling to be both good men and good soldiers.

- If you have seen this film - place your review here.

Sponsored Links:
1st Jun, 2005 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Soldiers Saints

I am surprised no one has seen this as yet. Being that I am not in 'Mormonland' I have not been able to see this, but I did find a review for it, although it may not be my opinion:

"It's no earthshaker, but the indie film is refreshingly different from the current movie norm, it's won more than 15 awards on the festival circuit, and war-movie aficionados will find it well worth the journey to one of its four suburban venues."
-- William Arnold, SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER

For even more reviews:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/saints_and_soldiers/

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2005 - 7:10am / Post ID: #

Saints And Soldiers
A Friend

Saints And Soldiers Studies Doctrine Mormon

I will admit that I am one of the last people that will sit down and watch a war movie. When I was told of Saints and Soldiers I was curious just about the name so I went and bought it.

I have to say, growing up my parents made me watch a lot of war movies but this one I love to watch it again and again etc.... This has to be in my opinion the best war movie of all time.

11th Oct, 2005 - 5:39am / Post ID: #

Soldiers Saints

I was disappointed in Kirby Heyborne, because of his current popularity as a Mormon star. He's supposed to be a role model of sorts, avoiding the appearance of evil, etc., but in this movie he smokes all the time. That leads to all sorts of discussion - did he actually smoke? Did they digitally add that later? Is he still a member of the Church? Why would LDS companies cause/allow him to do this? In my humble opinion, it doesn't matter whether he actually puffed on the cigarettes or not - he very realistically appeared to smoke, and thus defied the supposed ethics of his 'clean Mormon boy' image. That damage is greater than the adverse personal effects he would experience from a little smoke.

Aside from that irksome quandary, I liked the movie. I wouldn't watch it over and over, but it was well done.

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2005 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Saints And Soldiers
A Friend

Soldiers Saints

It was a great movie, I really liked it. Here you have an American soldier fighting the Germans, being taught to hate them and despise them. But at the same time, he is a return missionary that served in Germany so how can he hate the very people he learned to love? His fellow soldiers accuse him of being a Nazi sympathyzer, especially when he runs in to a German soldier from a ward he served in. I would reccomend it.

I did read somewhere that the smoking was all simulated, nobody actually smoked. I have no problem with that, smoking among soldiers was a reality and done by most. His character was not Mormon so I think it was ok. By the way, I had no idea the English soldier was played by Kirby Heyborne until we saw his name in the credits. We had to rewind it and go back to view it again. Even then, I hardly recognized him.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2005 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Saints And Soldiers

User Weisenberger, please conduct a search BEFORE starting a new topic. This has been merged with the one already existing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2005 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Saints And Soldiers
A Friend

Saints Soldiers

Saints and Soldiers was definitely a great war movie. The cinematography was amazing, especially with the 'bleaching' effect they used in the filming. The characters were 'real' in that they had depth and grew throughout the story. I found it easy to identify with each one of them.

If you haven't already, check out their web site. It's unique in build and quite captivating:

Saints and Soldiers Web Site

If you find you're craving another great war movie, check out 'The Longest Engagement'. It's in French with English subtitles, but it was an amazing film.

7th Oct, 2007 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Saints Soldiers Mormon Doctrine Studies

I just finished watching this film and it had me in tears in several dramatic scenes. It is a very sad movie but that reflects the horror of war. The music and acting are very professional considering the low-budget production.

The two actors that stand out in my opinion are Corbin Allred ("Deacon") and Alexander Polinsk ("Gould") Kirby Heyborne ("Flight Sergeant Oberon Winley")does a pretty decent job as well, specially in the last scenes.

Worth watching!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Saints And Soldiers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,