DianeC Introduction - Page 2 of 47

QUOTE (DianeC)I have just sort of managed - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 22nd Feb, 2006 - 1:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (47) »
Looking for EMM RMs (Past Missionaries From Eccles). Winner of the 2007 Architect Award.
Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,080
Flag Posts: 51,737
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,620.22 FP
Charm: 394

DianeC Introduction - Page 2

I understand now, it was confusing because of your opening post and your message in the LDS Deep Doctrine Board which is only for LDS Members. You see, if you had 'Baptist' in the Religion field earlier then it would have stopped you from posting there. So, may I asked why did you leave the Church?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.5%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

Introduction DianeC

I became a member in 1988, and had got married the year earlier, although I attended church, my husband was totally against it.I had a son born in 1989, and my husband didn't want me to take my son to the LDS church, so I then had to alternate between going to our local LDS church, and going to another church as a family. This worked out relatively well, and a couple of years later,and after several visits and lessons from missionaries from the church, my husband accepted the LDS teachings and decided that he wanted to become a mormon too, but explained that at that time, with having a young baby and a lot of financial outgoings, he wouldn't be able to fully tithe, but explained to the Elders, that once he was in a better financial position, he would do so. This was accepted by the Elders, but the night before my husband was due to be baptized, the Elders came round to our house with a message from the Bishop from the church, saying that this was unacceptable, and that unless my husband was prepared to pay the full 10% right from the start, then there was no way he was going to be allowed into the church, and his baptism was hence cancelled by the church.

At this stage, my husband decided that the church was only interested in money, and although missionaries were allowed round to our house, my husband did not want me to be involved in the church, and it did cause a lot of strain within our marriage.Eventually, after having tried to get back to going to the LDS church, I stopped going altogether. Since then, we have had it clarified by the church that we were given false information, and that my husband shouldn't have been stopped from being baptized, but unfortunately, we were told about this 2 years after the event, and there was no going back for my husband.

We have since all started attending a Baptist church, we have 2 more young children now, and our marriage after 18 years is going strong., but as far as my husband is concerned, if a missionary knocked on the door, he would never turn them away, as he doesn't consider that would be correct, and he would even as he has done many times in the past invite missionaries for a meal, but in no way would he want to join the church.

Hope that clarifies it a bit better!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

DianeC Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Thank you for taking the time to explain and I am sorry about your predicament. How do you personally feel about the Church, the Gospel, Book of Mormon, etc. Seeing that you are a Return Missionary, I am sure you were zealous at one time?

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

Page 2 Introduction DianeC

I am not a return missionary, I was just trying to contact some of the original missionaries who did teach me.

I remember a Sister missionary, who once told me that once you had been involved in a LDS church, you would never settle properly at any other church, ..she was right! It has taken years to find and settle at another religions church.

I have great memories of my time at the church, and a lot of the LDS teachings I do still believe in, and I try to be the best person that I can be, and I try to raise my children with morals, and a greater understanding of the world.I just accepted years ago, that my whole family would never attend an LDS chapel together, and I don't feel that feuding parents is the best way to raise your children!

The teaching that I really like the best in the LDS doctrine is that everybody has the chance after death, who in life were not LDS, to accept or deny the doctrines, I think this is unique to the LDS, (I think this is correct at any rate) as I didn't get very much further out of the investigator's class, ironically, the other person in the investigator's class with me, was the last time I heard, Bishop of the ward! .. now maybe there is a lesson to be learnt in that..

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Post Date: 16th Feb, 2006 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction DianeC

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you were a Return Missionary, but now that I have read your first message again I see that it was an assumption on my part. Well, I am glad that you have joined us here. I really do hope you enjoy your time in the Community and become part of our online family. Maybe you can ask your husband to join too as we seem to lack couple involvement. If you have any questions about an aspect of the Community do feel free to ask here. All the best.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2006 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

DianeC Introduction

DianeC, you are approaching the 30 post mark and so we tend to see Members with your number of constructive posts as being able to give worthwhile Feedback, please do consider giving us some Feedback in the Feedback Board. On another note, I saw where you mentioned that you were going on a trip? Is this part of your work? May I ask where you are going?

Blog Read My Blog
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2006 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author

DianeC Introduction - Page 2

I will look at leaving feedback on in a minute, I have just sort of managed my way round the site over the last week, hence the activeness!

I am only going to Wales on holiday,but to an area where quite a lot of the church services would be in Welsh. I am not going with work, but I am going there as my husband and 16 year old son are going on a sailing and kayaking course for 4 days, so I thought I may as well take my 3 & 4 year old down for those days and spend the time on the beach with them, and then have another 3 days at the end of the week spent altogether.

Blog Read My Blog
Signature:
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2006 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

DianeC Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

international QUOTE (DianeC)
I have just sort of managed my way round the site over the last week.

Was it overwhelming? We have many hidden Boards too. The Site Map works best for getting it all.

Thanks in advance for your Feedback, please feel absolutely free to answer as many threads as possible - we only have about 2 or 3 pages worth to chose from wink.gif.

With regards to Wales... You are going to a beautiful place. I have always said that if I chose to live anywhere in the world then it would be in Wales for sure!

Lastly, if you have by chance any good home brew recipes for any of the following then please add them to the HomeMaking Board:

1. Fish batter (As in fish & chips)
2. Yorkshire pudding
3. Trifle

Of course at your convenience, I do not want you to think I was giving you home work.

Blog Read My Blog
+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (47) »

> TOPIC: DianeC Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,