Bi-polar Disorder

Bi-polar Disorder - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2006 - 8:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2005 - 10:08am / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder
A Friend

Bi-polar Disorder

I was diagnosed with a disorder called Bi-Polar disorder nearly three years ago now. Before that I was labeled as Manic Depressive. I am not very well educated on the difference between the two, but what I know of the basics they are two separate levels of the same symptoms.

On four separate occasions I was hospitalized for my disorder adding up to a total of 15 months in a hospital bed. Since I was in grade school, eighth grade I believe it was, I have been to multiple counselor and countless numbers of groups.

None of it ever helped me, some of them made it even worse. All the countless drugs and different therapies I gave it all up. Now I have grown up quite a bit and earned a bit of life experience and I have discovered my own methods of dealing with my disorder. Although I still have sparse fits of mania and my "black and white days" (down, depressive days), I have learned how to get through them and move on.

I am kind of posting this in hopes to learn from others experience with the disorder. Also maybe learn a little more about the disorder itself. I don't believe that I can be helped through the methodical ways most people go, so I must do it myself.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2005 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder
A Friend

Disorder Bi-polar

It seems to me that bi-polar is very hard to treat. My nephew has bi-polar and the meds he is on only help some of the time. Most of the time they just help to keep his episodes down to a lower key as opposed to stopping them all together. Hope you find something helpful here, we have allot of people with lots of different experiences and back grounds that may be able to lend advice better than me.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2005 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder
A Friend

Bi-polar Disorder Health & Special Psychology

I work with several children who have bi-polar and it can get really rough. One of our girls, in particular, has real problems because of it. She uses that as an excuse to do what she knows it wrong. The other day, we were told she had a great day at school, but when she got to our daycare, she was suddenly out of control with her temper. The next day, she apparently ran off during school, and had a wonderful afternoon with us. It's sad how quickly moods can switch and change, and it's definately a hard thing to work with. I don't have it, so my knowledge of it only comes from being around people who have it. Seeing how hard it is for us to deal with it as a staff, I can't even imagine what it's like to deal with that inside of yourself.

One way we always manage to get her under control and where she'll listen to us is if we give her something productive to do. Maybe you could try finding a new hobby and something you have to work at to keep your mind focused on a new goal.

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2005 - 9:04am / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder
A Friend

Disorder Bi-polar

I have found that freeform writing helps me out alot. When I'm feeling down or I can sense a manic fit coming on I sit down and just freewrite. Its pretty scary sometimes what comes out but when I'm done I feel a bit of releif. Its one of the things that helps.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2005 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Disorder Bi-polar

AstraZeneca says data support new Seroquel use

Anglo-Swedish drugmaker AstraZeneca Plc said on Friday new clinical trial data underlined the potential of its schizophrenia drug Seroquel as a treatment for bipolar disorder, a form of manic depression.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051021/hl_nm/astrazeneca_dc

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2005 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder
A Friend

Bi-polar Disorder

Bi-polar is silly to try and treat... my father has it, and sometime it is just unbearable. You have to remember, the reason they treat you so bad sometime is because they know that no matter how hard they try to be normal and cannot, they know you will still love them anyway, no matter what they do.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Mar, 2006 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder

I was just wondering... are people born with bi-polar disorder or is it acquired through certain experiences?

3rd Mar, 2006 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder Psychology Special & Health

are people born with bi-polar disorder or is it acquired through certain experiences?

For what I research, you develop bi-polar disorder. Even though scientits have done extense research about it, there is not really one clear clue how this mental illness is developed. It seems like it is connected with genes but doctors cannot possible explain how as yet. Bi-polar disorders run in families.

Bipolar disorder typically develops in late adolescence or early adulthood. However, some people have their first symptoms during childhood, and some develop them late in life. It is often not recognized as an illness, and people may suffer for years before it is properly diagnosed and treated

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Bi-polar Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,