Forum Game - Grocery Line

Forum Game Grocery Line - Love, Life Bytes Archive - Posted: 30th Oct, 2005 - 7:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
24th Oct, 2005 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #
Text RPG
Luck Points: What?
Description:
Director

This Dramatist role,

There has been a recent increase in the number of storms that seem to be moving across your area. Lately, there has been an announcement of a specific storm that will render local commerce closed for at least two days, therefore many are warned to stock up on groceries. This leads to a mad rush of people heading to the supermarket where you and some of your associates meet up in bumper to bumper shopping carts of distress.

GM: This is a chance for you to be really creative. Keep in mind that you can also express the things you buy, people that are in your way, etc. When this thread has reached five pages you can cast your vote.

Sponsored Links:
24th Oct, 2005 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #
Continue the Story
Rating Luck Points: Smoking Hot!
Description:
Candy is a free-spirited peaceful loving person. She is always trying to find something artistic in everything she touches. She hopes to bring peace to the world through her art.

Line Grocery Game Forum

Kim role,

Mariah is outside the grocery store talking on her cel phone to her manager and says...

"My car is giving me some trouble. I just called my personal mechanic and he is on its way. I am right outside a grocery store here in Bel Air. What? Did you hear that Tom (Cruise) goes to this grocery quiet often?. Oh a new advertising approach huh?. I get it. I get it, she says while winking. I think is a great idea actually. Okay, thanks".

She puts her sun shades on and enters the grocery store. She takes a shopping cart and starts watching around. She sees one of the workers and asks " Hi. Could you please tell me where are the lobsters".

25th Oct, 2005 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

Forum Game - Grocery Line Archive Bytes Life & Love

After seeing a rather wealthy client in Beverly Hills for a financial consultation, Rozalynn hurries her little car through the traffic toward the 405 freeway. Seeing it's jammed, she turns into a grocery store parking lot to stock up there, hoping once she's done the traffic on the freeway will have eased up. Cursing her bad luck, Rozalynn somehow manages to find a parking space in the jammed lot of a store in -- of all places -- Bel Air! "It's going to be ridiculously expensive, I just know it... but what choice do I have? There's so much traffic, I doubt I'll have time before the storm hits to make it all the way home on the freeway. Maybe I'll take a back road..." she thinks to herself, and pulls out her little Blackberry to connect to the GPS. She walks as she taps in her location and her destination, absentmindedly reaches for an abandoned cart in the parking lot, and heads for the door.

Roz give a whoop of delight as there are several different ways home besides the freeway, saves the directions given, pops the Blackberry back in her big purse, and finally takes a really good look at her surroundings. "Whoa!" she exclaims. "Look at all these nutty people!" The folks in the parking lot are nearly running -- some into the store, some out with loaded carts -- and they all look so frantic it seems crazy. "Oh, no," she says to herself. "I'll bet all the water and toilet paper have been *long* out! I better get in there... probably nothing left in this kind of store but the cheap cavier..."

She begins to walk faster, and as she steps inside the store, the full panic of the crowd hits her like a blast of cold air. Roz's heart picks up a beat or two, and she heads for the water aisle. Suddenly, she sees the beautifully coifed hair and impeccable fashion of the woman in front of her and instantly recognizes Mariah. Shaking her head, she thinks "Of course -- in Bel Air!" Trying not to laugh, she says loudly, "Hey, lady! You want to move it a little faster? I'm trying to get past you!"

25th Oct, 2005 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Line Grocery Game Forum

Trixie is driving back from the base to her home disappointed that the filght she was to lead to Yuma, this afternoon had been cancelled due to the impending storm.

Gosh this traffic is awful. What is wrong with people? So, we are going to have a storm and the stores will be closed for two days. Two days is not all that long. Don't they keep a supply of food for more than a day?

All of a sudden the slow moving traffic comes to a complete standstill. "Now, what is the problem? Trixie exclaims out loud." Continuing to mumble to herself, "This is absolutely ridiculous! No point sitting here, I am pretty sure there is a grocery store right off that exit ramp, I might as well pick up a few snacks while this traffic sits here."

Trixie, slowly works her way from the left lane to the right - honking her horn and waving as she goes in order to get the attention of others to let her cut in front of them.

As she pulls into the parking lot and looks around she thinks, Oh, man, maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all! Look at all these people! Well, I can either sit in my car in traffic or I can sit in line at the grocery store. At least this way, I can pick up some snacks for the next two days that I may be stranded at home.

With that, she gets out of her car and enters the store.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 25th Oct, 2005 - 3:44pm

26th Oct, 2005 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #
Continue the Story
Description:
Candy is a free-spirited peaceful loving person. She is always trying to find something artistic in everything she touches. She hopes to bring peace to the world through her art.

Line Grocery Game Forum

Kim role,

Mariah hears the voice of a woman talking to her. She turns and sees Roz and says "Oh my goodness. What are you doing here?. I heard about the storm but I can't believe you are actually doing groceries on Bel Air!. Did you win the lottery or something?", she chuckles.

She suddenly sees a woman entering the store. It's Trixie!. "What the heck is going on here?", she says to Roz. Look who is coming!".

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2005 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Forum Game -  Grocery Line
A Friend

Another beautiful day. It was strange, really, how the weather always seemed to be gorgeous right before a mad storm hit. The weather was nice, and Faithe wished that she had the free time to simply go for a walk. Life certainly would not allow it, though.

Many people were up and leaving, allowing themselves a few days' vacation. She couldn't blame them. If she had the money, she probably would have taken off as well. Instead, she had been working for eight hours straight giving tune ups, changing breaks, checking oil, etc. Her lunch break had consisted of eating a sandwich that her had been brought to all of them at the shop by her bosses wife. She was laying halfway under a car working as she ate. For the record, the smell of oil was not an apetitizing smell when trying to eat.

With all the people in such an uproar, Faithe would have thought that the state of California was about to detatch itself from the rest of the continental United States. Finally, she heard the welcomed voice of her boss calling it quits for the day. Rolling out from underneath the Sedan she had been working on, she sat up. Groaning, her back popped in a few painful spots, but the relief of the tension felt wonderful.

Standing up, she brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, leaving a grease streak behind. Looking at her coworkers, she couldn't help but laugh. Usually they all looked pretty messy at the end of the day, but today it looked as if they had all taken a grease and oil bath.

It had taken a good while to get her hands cleaned. She hadn't worried about the rest of her. That's what bathes were for. She did need to stop in and grab some groceries before she went home. The last thing she wanted to do was actually try to get out in the storm to get food and other necessities. Of course, that's what a jeep was for, but she probably wouldn't have been able to find anything anyways.

Usually she went to a little grocery store by her apartment, but they were closed for the day. Keeping her eye out for a store, she stopped at the first place she came to. Wincing slightly, realizing what part of town she was in, she sighed. Oh well, it would cost her a week's pay to get what she needed, but it had to be done.

Grabbing her MP3 player, she stuck the headphones in her ears, sticking the little contraption in her pocket. Grabbing her purse, she headed inside. Just because she had to mignle in with the neurotic crowd didn't mean she had to listen to their whines and moans.

An older lady had just finished with her buggy, and so she took it from her. No sense in trying to hunt one down in the store. Setting her purse in the little child seat, she made the walk to the sliding doors, her hands gently drumming to the music she was listening to.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Oct, 2005 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Forum Game Grocery Line

As she walks through the door, Trixie grabs a handbasket since all she needs is a few snacks. Hmmmm, if I were a snack food, where would I be? She wonders to herself as she looks around. "Oh, my gosh, Mariah? Is that you?" Trixie walks over to Mariah and notices that Roz is also with her. "Mariah, what on earth are you doing here? Don't you have someone to do your grocery shopping for you?" Turning her attention quickly to Roz she says, "Hey Roz, how are you?" Suddenly she notices a woman who could only be described as a grease monkey walk through the door. Knowing how Mariah's mind works she turns to her and says, "Mariah, I think your twin sister just walked in."

30th Oct, 2005 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #
Continue the Story
Description:

Forum Game Grocery Line Love & Life Bytes Archive

Kim role,

Mariah listens carefully to Trixie's last comment and with a face of "how you dare! to even mention something like that" she says.."Twin sister? Oh no, the world has enough dealing with one of me to have to deal with two", she says while laughing. And answering your question, yes, I have people who does the grocery for me but my car just broke down and I did not plan to stay still and wait for the mechanic to come and fix it, so I just decide to come in and do a little shopping while waiting".

Then she adds..."Hmmmm..are you used to come to this kind of neighborhoods to do your shopping?. I imagine that it must be hard to try to pick up the cheapest types of items when you cannot afford the kind of items that people like me are used to consume on a daily basis."

Mariah's problem relies in one simple fact: she doesn't think!.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Forum Game - Grocery Line

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,