Rosa Lee Parks

Rosa Lee Parks - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Dec, 2019 - 9:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Top  Rosa Lee Parks Rosa Parks - anti-racism. Would not give up her seat on a bus for a white man.
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2005 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

Rosa Lee Parks

Rosa Lee was known as the woman who started a movement that eventually led to the minority races gaining equality among their fellow White Americans. Do you think you could do what Rosa did?

Breaking News

DETROIT - Rosa Lee Parks, whose refusal to give up her bus seat to a white man sparked the modern civil rights movement, died Monday. She was 92. Mrs. Parks died at her home of natural causes, said Karen Morgan, a spokeswoman for U.S. Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich. Mrs. Parks was 42 when she committed an act of defiance in 1955 that was to change the course of American history and earn her the title ''mother of the civil rights movement.''
Ref. USAToday.com

Image by Unknown - USIA / National Archives and Records Administration Records of the U.S. Information Agency Record Group 306, Public Domain, Source 2l.

Rosa Lee Parks
Rosa Lee Parks (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Oct, 2005 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Rosa Lee Parks
A Friend

Parks Lee Rosa

I was sad to hear about this on the news yesterday morning. She led a long, good life, though. She got to see the effects of her efforts, which is more than a lot of people who stood up for equality and true freedom ever got to see.

As for the question, could I do what she did. That's really a tough question. I can see where I would, and then where I wouldn't. I am a very stubborn, outspoken person. When somebody is treating me unfairly, in a lot of cases I can usually stand up and be confrontational. There are other times, though, especially pertaining to the law, that I merely grumble to myself and move on with life about.

I don't know if I would have had the guts to defy what was then a law and openly break it. Things are always hard to do alone. I definately respect her ability to make a stand in that fashion, and doing it with only herself to keep her company. I would be more likely to protest in a way such as that if I were accompanied by other people who shared my motives and beliefs.

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2005 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Rosa Lee Parks
A Friend

Rosa Lee Parks History & Civil Business Politics

This is truly a sad day. I admire Rosa Parks for the guts to stick up for what she believed in. I wish we had more people like Rosa to fight against oppression of anykind. Now a days people fight to oppress people.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2019 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Parks Lee Rosa

Rosa Parks statue to be unveiled in Montgomery. An Alabama ceremony coincides with the day in 1955 when Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her bus seat to a white man. Source 3x.

> TOPIC: Rosa Lee Parks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,