Colloidal Silver

Colloidal Silver - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 24th Jun, 2007 - 2:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

31st Oct, 2005 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Colloidal Silver

What isColloidal Silver?
by Robert Jordan, MediPatch
Copyright© 1996

People ask why they have never heard of Colloidal Silver. Seventy years ago Colloidal Silver was a proven germ fighter and widely used. It was the mainstay of antibiotic treatment. In 1914 the medical journal, "Lancet", reported phenomenal results from its' use. Dr. Henry Crooks showed Colloidal Silver to be absolutely harmless, and non-toxic to humans, and highly germicidal. Colloidal Silver has proven itself useful against all species of fungi, parasites, bacteria, protozoa, and certain viruses.

For centuries we've known the properties of silver. The ancients stored their water in silver vessels to prevent bacteria from growing. Our American settlers would put a silver dollar in their milk containers to hinder it's spoilage. Prior to 1940 articles regarding benefits of colloidal silver were frequently seen in medical journals. During the 1930s silver was used both externally and internally for a variety of medical conditions. Because of the price of silver, (then $100.00 an ounce) and the inception of penicillin and other antibiotics, use of Colloidal Silver fell by the wayside.

More recently "Science Digest" reported in an article entitled "Our Mightiest Germ Fighter", that "silver is emerging as a wonder of modern medicine." In the late 1970's interest in silver was rekindled because of it's usefulness for the treatment of burn victims. Silver could be used over large areas of the body and is non-toxic and non-stinging, even to the eyes. Today NASA uses silver in their water filters and water purification systems for the space shuttles. Silver not only kills any bacteria present in the water, it also keeps bacteria from growing inside of the filter itself.
Usually, an antibiotic will kill a half a dozen different strains of bacteria. Research at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis has shown that silver is bactericidal to some 650 strains of disease causing organisms and that resistant strains can not develop with silver the way that they will with antibiotics.

https://www.cyberpet.com/cyberdog/articles/health/coloid.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a "subculture" of folks currently who use and promote the use of colloidal silver, and there is a whole batch of con artists selling potions and what-not that may or may not be true colloidal silver. It's simple to make for yourself, if you have an interest, and is much cheaper than buying some charlatan's concoction.

Roz

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 31st Oct, 2005 - 1:21am

Sponsored Links:
9th Nov, 2005 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Silver Colloidal

I have never heard of silver being used in this way, but I do wonder if one can be easily intoxicated by it if it is not used with extreme caution. I am interested in it's ability to kill germs and fungi, have you used it in this way FarSeer?

12th Nov, 2005 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Colloidal Silver Health & Special Psychology

I haven't used it personally, but I have online acquaintances who use it all the time, make their own, and swear by its use that they are in prime health. They caution against the scam artists who sell substandard product, or sell the wrong type of silver -- I think it's called ionized rather than colloidal -- which can lead to poisoning if improperly used. I haven't had the equipment to try making my own, and I'm afraid of buying the wrong thing, so I haven't tried it yet.

12th Nov, 2005 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Silver Colloidal

That is what I thought - that if you really did not know what you are doing then it can do more harm than good. However, I do find it interesting and if I were able to come across a genuine user I would learn about the proper way for extraction.

14th Nov, 2005 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Silver Colloidal

I'll see what I can find out about getting more info from the folks that I know who are making and using it. Better than antibiotics, and good for overall health -- sounds like a good thing to me.

Update
Here is information about making it yourself:

Simply snap three 9 volt batteries together in series (+to -). Install a wire
with a snap and alligator clip on the two remaining snap terminals. Grip a
piece of pure silver in each alligator clip. This may be an American Eagle
silver coin or a silver wire. The important thing is that it be pure silver, not
sterling or some such.

It is usually easier to cut an Eagle in half than to find pure silver wire and
it costs about the same.

Immerse the silver, which has been connected to the batteries, in about a pint
of distilled water. Do not allow the silver pieces to touch each other and do
NOT allow the alligator clips to touch the water.

Allow about 2-4 hours to pass and there you have it. It may have a slight
yellow tinge, or it may not. In either case, you have colloidal silver of about
5 to 10 ppm.

There are more sophisticated outfits available and I would recommend an internet
search for "Colloidal silver" both for additional information and to see what
equipment is available. I have a "Coyote" unit with a light which indicates
when a batch is done. it operates on house current or batteries as described.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 14th Nov, 2005 - 2:33am

24th Jun, 2007 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Colloidal Silver

Gray Lady

On Ripley's I was watching a person named Rosemary who was taking nose drops (age 14) containing colloidal silver and her skin turned gray. It is rare that it happens - but this is the risk factor!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Colloidal Silver

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,