Judge Samuel Alito

Judge Samuel Alito - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Feb, 2006 - 9:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2005 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Judge Samuel Alito

Judge Samuel Alito

President Bush to nominate 3rd Circuit Appeals Court Judge Samuel Alito to replace retiring Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, sources tell CNN.
Ref. CNN.com

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2005 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Alito Samuel Judge

A CATHOLIC MAJORITY ON COURT?

More than two centuries of Protestant domination on the Supreme Court will end if Samuel Alito is confirmed as its next justice. For the first time in the nation's history, five Roman Catholics - a majority - would be on the high court.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2005 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Judge Samuel Alito
A Friend

Judge Samuel Alito History & Civil Business Politics

Those his religious views may be important in some decisions, like those relating to abortion, his constitutional interpretations as evidenced by previous decisions are much more crucial. It seems that all people have to say about Alito pertains to the fact that he is a catholic and how this will effect his rulings on abortion. Though there may be a chance that abortion may be an issue to come before the court if you look at cases the supreme court is expected to hear most pertain to the tenth and first amendments and none pertain to abortion. If abortion was to come before the court again it would likely be a tenth amendment issue anyway.
I believe a Justice's constitutional views are much more important then religious affiliation. Judge Alito appears to me to be, at least partially, a strict constructionalist who has made many decisions supporting first amendment. I cannot say I truly support him, because he does not seem to fully support some parts of the constitution such as the second and tenth amendments. Overall though I expect he will be approved and hope he is the champion of constitutional liberties he is made out to be by the CATO institute.

A good article by the Cato Institute exploring some of his decisions is bellow (though I'm not sure I agree with all the conclusions reached by the author)cato article

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2006 - 7:20am / Post ID: #

Alito Samuel Judge

Poll: Majority of Americans Back Samuel Alito, Say Filibuster Wrong

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- As the Senate Judiciary Committee signed off on Samuel Alito's Supreme Court nomination a new poll finds a majority of Americans support him and believe a filibuster is not justified. The new Gallup poll finds 54 percent of Americans support Alito's nomination while just 30 percent opposing his confirmation in the Senate. The poll found hearings in the Senate judicial panel increased support for Alito. Before the hearings, Americans backed Alito by a 49-30 percent margin, which grew in the new poll to 54-30. Meanwhile just 38 percent of those polled say a filibuster by Senate Democrats is justified while 48 percent said it is not and 15 percent were uncertain. Should he be confirmed, Alito would replace outgoing pro-abortion Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and pro-life groups expect him to be the fourth vote necessary to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision that allow abortion throughout pregnancy for virtually any reason. The Gallup poll, however, found more Americans think he will vote to uphold Roe. Some 34 percent said they thought Alito would vote to reverse the pro-abortion decision and 44 percent say they think he will uphold it. Another 21 percent were unsure.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat2030.html

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2006 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Judge Samuel Alito
A Friend

Alito Samuel Judge

Of course they back him, a majority if the country claims to be christian as well. Five christian republicans on the Supreme Court hardly seems like an equal balance to me. The point in having seven is that you will always have a decent balance between Republicans and Democrats. But now that balance is completely skewed. Votes can now go in favor of the republicans and conservative very easily with five of their own on the board. Of course Alito will get in, why wouldn't Bush want to destroy the democratic balance we used to have in the country in more? Republican President, Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican Courts. All three branches that are supposed to keep the checks and balances are now primarily Republican. Just toss out the checks and balances, cause no one cares about it anymore it seems. Don't count on Alito being a champion of the constitution, count on him being a champion for republican conservative morals, and no, they are not the same thing!

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2006 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Judge Samuel Alito

110th Supreme Court Justice

Samuel Anthony Alito Jr. became the nation's 110th Supreme Court justice on Tuesday, confirmed with the most partisan victory in modern history after a fierce battle over the future direction of the high court.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Feb, 2006 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Judge Samuel Alito

BALDWIN AND STREEP BLAST DEMOCRATS

Alec Baldwin and MERYL STREEP are disgusted with the Democrats representatives in the US Senate for failing to block SAMUEL ALITO's Supreme Court nomination.

https://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.ns...rats_03_02_2006

Streep has claimed to be depressed because her nephew is going to Iraq. I'm really tired of these celebrities who rant about politics, and threaten to move to Europe because they are tired of US politics. They use their status in society to attempt to sway the public to their ideologies and beliefs. When will they realize they are not 'everyday' people? The general public cannot identify with them and they can't identify with us. Rant off.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

5th Feb, 2006 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Judge Samuel Alito Politics Business Civil & History

I knew that Steep and Baldwin were on the far left, but this is ridiculous! What could they POSSIBLY have against Alito? Just because he was President Bush's nominee? Because he refused to come out in the hearings and declare that he would rule in a particular way - before any cases could come up? Or is it just the possibility that he MIGHT decide on the side of conservatives or libertarians at times?

I truly wish Mr. Baldwin had fulfilled his promise to move to France.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

> TOPIC: Judge Samuel Alito

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,