Wikipedia - Page 2 of 2

Traffic to Wikipedia terrorism entries plunged - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 29th Apr, 2016 - 1:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Wikipedia Great Online Educational Resource - BUT should you believe everything you read there? How reliable is it and how do you know what are facts and what are opinions?
17th Jan, 2012 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

Wikipedia - Page 2

I love Wikipedia for quick information on a topic. Of course you have to read some of it with a grain of salt cause it can be opinionated. Anyway I read that they are protesting the SOPA bill and will be offline for Wednesday.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2012 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

Wikipedia
A Friend

Wikipedia

I love Wikipedia too. It is my go-to source for information. It is a pity however that I can't references it as research for most of my classes.

9th Sep, 2012 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

Wikipedia Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Well of course not, Wikipedia can be considered facts mixed with opinions so it should not be taken as 100% accurate by any means therefore you would not want to use unsubstantiated info in your research projects.

17th Oct, 2012 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Wikipedia

I like Wikipedia, especially the online version, they give the quick information you need without reading more of the information.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 17th Oct, 2012 - 8:11pm

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2012 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Wikipedia
A Friend

Wikipedia

Because of the fairly high chance that Wiki entries can be incorrect or misinformed due to the fact that pretty much anyone and his uncle can edit any entry, most teachers in the US won't accept Wiki sources for school papers, or at least not at the main and/or sole source. And now Wiki is going to get out there and mislead, misinform and generally confuse the as yet otherwise unreached and unconfused. How fun!

2nd Nov, 2012 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Wikipedia

international QUOTE
...most teachers in the US won't accept Wiki sources for school papers, or at least not at the main and/or sole source.
`
That's a given. Quoting from Wikiedia is like quoting someone's opinion BUT some info has sources to back it up. If you see Wikipedia more as a guide then you can be safe.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2012 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Wikipedia
A Friend

Wikipedia - Page 2

Megan,

I agree with you. The way to use wikipedia is to look at the articles that it cites. That can lead your research in the right direction.

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2016 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Wikipedia Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

Traffic to Wikipedia terrorism entries plunged after Snowden revelations, study finds:

Internet traffic to Wikipedia pages summarizing knowledge about terror groups and their tools plunged nearly 30 percent after revelations of widespread Web monitoring by the U.S. National Security Agency Ref. Source 6g.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Wikipedia

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,