CIA Secret Prisons - Torture - Page 6 of 11

Glenn Greenwald on CIA Interrogation Probe, - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Aug, 2009 - 9:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (11) »

USA Torture All over the world
Post Date: 2nd May, 2009 - 5:41am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

CIA Secret Prisons - Torture - Page 6

Five Things You Should Know About the 'Torture' Memos
By Judge Andrew Napolitano

The memos describe in vivid, gut-wrenching detail the procedures that the CIA apparently inquired about. The memos then proceed to authorize every procedure asked about, and to commend the CIA for taking the time to ask. Ref. Source 2

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd May, 2009 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

CIA Secret Prisons - Torture
A Friend

Torture Prisons Secret CIA

Well they say if your going to resort to torture why not get permission to do it from your superiors. smile.gif

Post Date: 9th May, 2009 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

CIA Secret Prisons - Torture History & Civil Business Politics

Tortured To Death?
US Interrogators Have Killed Dozens
By John Byrne

United States interrogators killed nearly four dozen detainees during or after their interrogations, according a report published by a human rights researcher based on a Human Rights First report and followup investigations. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 31st May, 2009 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Torture Prisons Secret CIA

I sat there in agony thinking about all that had led me to this private hell. My idealism, my patriotism, my ambition, my plans to be a good intelligence officer to help my country fight the communist scourge - what in the hell had happened? Why did we have to bomb the people we were trying to save? Why were we napalming young children? Why did the CIA, my employer for 16 years, report lies instead of the truth?

"I hated my part in the charade of murder and horror. My efforts were contributing to the deaths, to the burning alive of children - especially the children. The photographs of young Vietnamese children burned by napalm destroyed me."

-- Ralph McGehee former CIA intelligence analyst

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2009 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

Torture Prisons Secret CIA

British Lawmaker David Davis Challenges US Threats to Suppress Evidence of CIA Torture

A British court heard evidence last week that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton tried to prevent the disclosure of details regarding the CIA's role in the alleged torture of former Guantanamo Bay prisoner Binyam Mohamed. We hear from conservative British parliamentarian David Davis about the Obama administration's attempts to suppress evidence in this case. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2009 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

Torture By Any Other Name
Report Reveals CIA Conducted Mock Executions
By Mark Hosenball and Michael Isikoff | Newsweek Web Exclusive

The report describes how one detainee, suspected USS Cole bomber Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, was threatened with a gun and a power drill during the course of CIA interrogation. - Nashiri's interrogators brandished the gun in an effort to convince him that he was going to be shot. Ref. Source 9

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2009 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

CIA Secret Prisons Torture - Page 6

CIA Investigation

Attorney General Eric Holder to Appoint Prosecutor to Investigate CIA Interrogations of Terrorists [3:13 p.m. ET] Ref. ABC News

Threats

WASHINGTON (AP) - A Justice Department official says Attorney General Eric Holder has picked prosecutor John Durham to investigate CIA mistreatment of terror suspects. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to disclose the decision. The decision comes as the Obama administration releases a newly unclassified report. Among the report's findings are that one interrogator threatened to kill the children of a Sept. 11 suspect, and another may have threatened to assault a suspect's mother in front of him. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2009 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

CIA Secret Prisons Torture Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Glenn Greenwald on CIA Interrogation Probe, Obama and Why the Media Failed on Covering Torture

Attorney General Eric Holder has opened an inquiry into CIA torture. On Monday, Holder appointed veteran federal prosecutor John Durham to look into whether CIA interrogators and contractors should be charged for the torture and abuse of foreign prisoners. Holder says he ordered the probe in response to a Justice Department recommendation to reopen nearly a dozen prisoner abuse cases that the Bush administration had closed. Holder says he was further influenced by the 2004 CIA report on the prisoners' torture and abuse, which he released on Monday. We speak with political and legal blogger for Salon.com, Glenn Greenwald. Ref. Source 4

CIA Secret Prisons - Torture (Hover)

> TOPIC: CIA Secret Prisons - Torture

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,