Pirates & Ship Weapons - Page 18 of 26

Crew fears recapture by pirates A Philippine - Page 18 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Apr, 2009 - 11:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 26 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (26) »
Somali Pirates
Fighting piracy off Somalia against modern-day pirates.
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2009 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pirates & Ship Weapons - Page 18

Back home, cargo ship crew tells of pirate duel

OXON HILL, Md. - "If I die, I'm going to take someone else with me," one seaman vowed, grabbing a knife as alarms pierced the Maersk Alabama and pirates with assault weapons clambered aboard. Ref. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
17th Apr, 2009 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Weapons Ship and Pirates

Many have referred to Capt. Phillips as a "Hope for America" given all the problems the US faces:

QUOTE (CNN)
Capt. Richard Phillips returns to Vermont, hailing service members who rescued him from pirates as "superheroes."

He certainly is a hero on his own for giving himself up so his crew could be safe.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2009 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons
A Friend

Pirates & Ship Weapons Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Sounds like the pirates are getting desperate now. They have attacked a couple other ships today. I have heard on FNC that seven pirates have been captured and a ship has been freed by some commandos from the pirates. I also think another ship has been taken.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2009 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Page 18 Weapons Ship and Pirates

Pirates release ship for 'ransom'

Somali pirates release a Togo-flagged cargo ship seized last week after a ransom is paid. Ref. Source 7

21st Apr, 2009 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

Weapons Ship and Pirates

Several things:

1. The UN needs to make something firm that will allow for the specific capture of pirates. At the moment military vessels can chase them away from ships but not round them up and catch them.

2. The Somali teenager that was captured in the rescue of Captain Phillips is now in New York Federal Court. He was seen smiling broadly. They are not sure how he will be tried.

3. Since the last killing of Somali Pirates by the US it seems the warlords have stepped up their attacks on ALL ships now.

4. There needs to be specific ground assaults on pirates and the country of Somalia helped else piracy will just continue.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2009 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons
A Friend

Pirates & Ship Weapons

I believe that the UN should give those who are in the region clear cut instruction about what they can and can not do to keep these pirates from attacking any ship. This would help others from just capturing them and then letting them go. I would hope that capture of them. Sink their boat and then drop them off just off the coast.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Apr, 2009 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons - Page 18

Yes International law does need to be made. Till then treat them as a warring party attacking civilians and sink them let those who do not explode float. I am sure the fishes will like that idea.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2009 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 18

Crew fears recapture by pirates

A Philippine crew freed after being held for five months by Somali pirates fear recapture after running out of fuel. Ref. Source 6

> TOPIC: Pirates & Ship Weapons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,