Pirates & Ship Weapons - Page 4 of 26

From the latest I have heard is they are nervous - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 1st Oct, 2008 - 2:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (26) »
Somali Pirates
Fighting piracy off Somalia against modern-day pirates.
Post Date: 26th Sep, 2008 - 11:15am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pirates & Ship Weapons - Page 4

Somali pirates 'seize 30 tanks'

Pirates off the coast of Somalia have seized a Ukrainian ship carrying T-72 tanks, an official says.
Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
26th Sep, 2008 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Weapons Ship and Pirates

Pirate "mother ships" travel far out to sea and launch smaller boats to attack passing vessels, sometimes using rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs). Authorities in Somalia's semi-autonomous region of Puntland say they are powerless to confront the pirates, who have been growing in strength.

With all the technology we have we can not pick these ship up and drive a missile down its middle? Would this not be a good place for UNtroops?

So Russia is place a destroyer but what is going to be done to sink these Pirates. Surely the mother ship can be tracked and the ring busted.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2008 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons
A Friend

Pirates & Ship Weapons Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

That is what I think. I think having a ship go in under disguise and when the pirates show up nail them and nail them hard.

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2008 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 4 Weapons Ship and Pirates

Pirates 'want $35m for tank ship'

Pirates who seized a Ukrainian ship carrying battle tanks off Somalia reportedly demand $35m to release the ship and crew.
Ref. Source 7

29th Sep, 2008 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Weapons Ship and Pirates

There are unconfirmed reports, our correspondent says, that it is currently being steered by the pirates towards ports just north of the Somali capital, Mogadishu - an area controlled by Islamist militants.

I guess it was just a matter of time. It is interesting that Islamic militants are in control of the port is this they way off supporting financially some other activities they are involved with?

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2008 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons
A Friend

Pirates & Ship Weapons

Yes that does not surprise me at all. After all they have sold some of the US ports to a middle east country to control them. I wonder how long before they are controlled by Islamic militants. Then we will be in a interesting state.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Sep, 2008 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons - Page 4

Who knows maybe this will be the next military maneuver for the USA Navy. After all we now have a terrorist act and that was declared war on by Bush.

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2008 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons
A Friend

Pirates & Ship Weapons Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 4

From the latest I have heard is they are nervous because there is a war craft in the area. I am not sure it is a US Navy vessel or another country but they are nervous about it being not too far away.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (26) »

> TOPIC: Pirates & Ship Weapons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,