Pirates & Ship Weapons - Page 8 of 26

Sounds like there is one less mother ship - Page 8 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Nov, 2008 - 3:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 26 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (26) »
Somali Pirates
Fighting piracy off Somalia against modern-day pirates.
17th Nov, 2008 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons - Page 8

I am glad to see many countries there and willing to protect those waters. Seems it is a fairly large group that is being dealt with. Hopefully Korea will not hesitate to sink a few then ask questions later.

Sponsored Links:
18th Nov, 2008 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Weapons Ship and Pirates

Now pirates have siezed a Super Tanker of over 2 million barrels of oil worth over 100 million dollars. Obviously, they are getting better since this piracy took place several hundreds of miles out at sea.

Source 4

Somalia is basically in a anarchy state as the President has little to no control of his country. Countries/Ship Owners are currently paying out the ransoms of the pirates.

My gut feeling is that the pirates shouldnt have messed with an oil tanker. That is one thing that will catch the eye of all modernized countries and will also catch a response of unequaling proportions. They might get paid for the new ship and cargo, but the additional attention they just got probably is going to make for hundreds of dead pirates in the ocean.

18th Nov, 2008 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Yes Somalia is weak in its rule perhaps it will be next on the invasion list to get cleaned up.

I think this was a show of power more then anything the pirates are showing they feel they are safe from retribution and will not bow to the greater nations. I think the other nations should consider this a war and go in and wipe them out.

Post Date: 18th Nov, 2008 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons
A Friend

Page 8 Weapons Ship and Pirates

I believe that this is something that should have been done long ago. It was the french who captured some of the pirates and let them go free. Way to go Frenchies. NOw they feel that no one will kill them just capture them and let them go free again.

I hope that they find out real quick how quickly they can become fish food.

19th Nov, 2008 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Weapons Ship and Pirates

Well Vincenzo, we here at InternationalDiscussions.com seem to be more aware of the situation that the global tycoons. We have been talking about this for a long time and despite many attacks and even first world intervention the Somali Pirates are brazen. Well, let's see if they do not get an invasion of their coast and an absolute blockade after this.

Hijacked oil tanker nears Somalia

A giant Saudi oil tanker seized by pirates in the Indian Ocean is nearing the coast of Somalia, the US Navy says.
Ref. Source 2

Rather off topic, but...
I better go look at the Oil Futures Thread, I'm sure OPEC is just waiting for 'something'.

19th Nov, 2008 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons

They just grabbed a Iranian cargo ship full of grain. They are asking 10 million for the oil supertanker. There will be no trouble in getting worldwide support for some sort of action. What I am really interested in is if we will continue to try and prop up this worthless government that we have helped keep in quasi charge of Somalia.

Greed is going to get these guys in the end. Grabbing a ship every couple of weeks would probably been tolerated. At the current pace and the fact that they are getting paid, will bring a response...cause you just KNOW that Al Quida is taking note of this very effective fund raising exercise.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2008 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Pirates & Ship Weapons - Page 8

India 'sinks Somali pirate ship'

An Indian navy warship has destroyed a Somali pirate "mother ship" that fired on it in the Gulf of Aden, officials say.
Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2008 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Pirates & Ship Weapons
A Friend

Pirates & Ship Weapons Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 8

Sounds like there is one less mother ship for them to use. I wonder how many survived that hit. I do hope that sends them a clear message that they are not going to have a easy time on taking over some ships.

> TOPIC: Pirates & Ship Weapons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,