Beautyheart Introduction

Beautyheart Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 12th Nov, 2005 - 5:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2005 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Beautyheart Introduction
A Friend

Beautyheart Introduction

I am a high school English educator in my early thirties. I have a bachelor's degree in English Education. I teach at a rural high school, which enrolls seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, and twelfth graders and teach Language Arts to all six grade levels. It is my first year as a professional educator. I believe to be a great teacher, one must be moved upon (or called) to teach. I understand that it is my role to not only teach overt curricula but to teach covert curricula--manners, morals, self-discipline, eternal truths, etc.--too. I come from a large family and have nine siblings--all of them males.

I have a deep and abiding testimony of the atonement of my Savior Jesus Christ. He is the perfect Teacher because he not only taught with words and stories, but he modeled that which he taught during his mortal sojourn. I look forward to the day when He will come again to earth. I know I am far from perfect and am grateful for the Savior's infinite atoning sacrifice.

I am interested in great stories of faith, service and redemption, particularly in the medium of film. As a type of hobby, I keep up on the latest developments and productions in what is sometimes termed "Mormon Cinema."

I have a very tender heart, which, at times, has caused some to take advantage of me in emotional ways. I also realize this trait has given me a profound way to serve others in teaching and in everyday interactions with family, friends and strangers (friends-to-be).

I am a realist and idealist. I understand there is much heartache and pain in individual lives and the collective world. I also understand there is much love and compassion I have received from various individuals. There is much good to find in the world around me, too.

I love to write, especially poetry. I believe that I inherited this talent from my predecessors. I believe that just as we have biological genetics passed on to us that we have dispositional (perhaps a new word?) genetics passed on to us in areas of emotion, spirit and talent. I love good music and enjoy composing original ballads and happy-sounding songs usually in response to close relationships I have. Six of my brothers are professional musicians and entertainers. Next to love, I believe music is the most universal language in the universe.

Two of my favorite quotes are the following:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."--Albert Einstein

"Who am I to judge another when I walk imperfectly? In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see."--Susan Evans McCloud

God builds. The adversary destroys. I would like to be on God's side by seeking to build people and things as much as I can. biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2005 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Beautyheart

Welcome aboard!. That's a great introduction. Thanks for letting us more about you. I am LDS_forever, I'm from Argentina but I live in the tiny caribbean island of Trinidad. Yep, we have summer all year long. smile.gif Please feel free to check the site around and join our discussions. I look forward reading your opinions and views. Have fun!.
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2005 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + G.I. Jane
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Flag Posts: 4,267
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.8%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 183

Beautyheart Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome to the forum. What a great introduction. We have an LDS Deep Doctrine board that you might find of interest. In addition, we have a nonspeciific religious board for discussions that don't pertain to LDS specific religious ideas.

I look forward to your posts.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Sep, 2003 - 11:45am
Signature: Tena is a very important person, let no one forget that
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2005 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.3%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Introduction Beautyheart

Hi, beautyheart, and Welcome to the Forum! Terrific intro - I can see that you do love to write smile.gif We're glad to have you join us. Please make yourself "at home" here, and join in our discussions of all types, whether new or dormant. We welcome your participation, and look forward to your posts.

Welcome, and Enjoy!
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.

> TOPIC: Beautyheart Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,