Joseph Smith The Prophet Of The Restoration

Joseph Smith Prophet Restoration - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Oct, 2007 - 5:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The Movie
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2005 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Joseph Smith The Prophet Of The Restoration

JOSEPH SMITH MOVIE TO DEBUT
See https://www.lds.org/news/0,5014,5014-,00.html

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - A new film about the life of Joseph Smith, founder of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will begin showing in the Legacy Theater of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building on Saturday, December 17. "Joseph Smith The Prophet of the Restoration" was produced under the supervision of the First Presidency as part of the Church's commemoration of the 200th anniversary of Joseph Smith's birth.

Sponsored Links:
19th Nov, 2005 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Restoration The Prophet Smith Joseph

I was in Utah at the time when 'Legacy' first came out and would love to be there now. Has anyone seen this? I am most interested in accuracy and the performance.

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2005 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Joseph Smith The Prophet Of The Restoration Studies Doctrine Mormon

NEW FILM PORTRAYS THE PROPHET JOSEPH SMITH AS EXEMPLAR
See https://www.lds.org/news/0,5014,5014-,00.html

First Presidency input, historically accurate script and sets, vivid cinematography, and a spiritually minded cast and crew all played a role in the creation of a new feature film on the Prophet Joseph Smith that will soon be playing in the Legacy Theater in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. The new film will also begin showing at some visitors' centers at Church historical and temple sites in December.

8th Oct, 2007 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

Restoration The Prophet Smith Joseph

When I went to BYU Education week, I spent a Saturday on Temple Square. I did go see the movie and absolutely loved it. The spirit was so strong but there was a full range of emotions involved. It could evoke happiness, sadness, anger (toward the mobs), love, incredible joy and deep sorrow...all in an hour.

I was very touched by the very last line in the movie and thought about it for days afterwards. I love Joseph Smith and felt this movie did a great job showing his life. I really thought it was interesting how they portrayed Satan and the influence he had on others. It made you "feel" him and it felt dark.

I hope it goes on DVD like Legacy and The Testaments did, after it plays at the Joseph Smith building.

> TOPIC: Joseph Smith The Prophet Of The Restoration

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,