The Law Of Roadside Camping

The Law Roadside Camping - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Nov, 2005 - 11:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2005 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

PROTESTERS ARRESTED NEAR BUSH'S RANCH

A dozen war protesters including Daniel Ellsberg were arrested Wednesday for setting up camp near President Bush's ranch in defiance of new local bans on roadside camping and parking.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...63702%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
25th Nov, 2005 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Camping Roadside Law The

Although I always grin at the way the US makes a law for everything I have to agree with this one. I think it is a form of invasion of privacy to have people constantly outside your home or private lands. This will definitely curtail journalists and reports that like to camp outside celebrities homes.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

25th Nov, 2005 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

The Law Of Roadside Camping History & Civil Business Politics

This law was, and is, totally appropriate. It was made by local authorities, to deal with a local problem.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

25th Nov, 2005 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Camping Roadside Law The

think it is a form of invasion of privacy to have people constantly outside your home or private lands

This is what I do not understand. This people were outside Pres. Bush's property or inside?. The article says they were "near" so I do not fully understand.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

25th Nov, 2005 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Camping Roadside Law The

They made their camp beside a public road, at, or very near, the entrance to President Bush's ranch. They weren't on private property, but were creating a public nuisance, as well as causing safety concerns.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

25th Nov, 2005 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

They weren't on private property, but were creating a public nuisance, as well as causing safety concerns

So the issue here was more about the noise or the fact that they were so close to Pres. Bush's property?. I agree with the law if it is about safety issues but I would not agree if the people were not doing anything wrong but just camp outside.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Nov, 2005 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

The Law Roadside Camping

As I said before, it is a purely local issue, and local authorities have taken what they feel is appropriate action.

People are free to express their opinions. However, they are not free to create safety problems, become public nuisances, or create security problems.

Cindy Sheehan parked herself there for a long time. Now the local authorities have decided that such behavior is not appropriate there. Let these protesters find another way to express their opinions.

26th Nov, 2005 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

The Law Roadside Camping Politics Business Civil & History

People are free to express their opinions.

Well they obviously aren't free to express their opinions if they have been removed.

What have they actually done to create safety concerns or be deemed a public nuisance?

If these people were presenting messages of support for Bush or the War, do you think they would have been removed?

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Law Of Roadside Camping

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,