Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2005 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Teeny Bopper Rpgs

Teeny Bopper RPGs

Do you find any pleasure in participating within a Text Based RPG that has an intellect level of 12-15 years old? If you do, is it because your own intellect is at that age or is it because you are not interested in anything more than 'hack and kill'?

Sponsored Links:
5th Dec, 2005 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Rpgs Bopper Teeny

Absolutely not. I can't stand "Teeny Bopper RPG's" of any kind. They become a nuisance, annoying, and irritating. I'm sure anyone whom has ever played online text based RPG's can make a long list of sights that would fall into this category. This is a good reason I searched and found myself here. I am so proud that a community like this is here and that I have had the privilege to become a member and meet everyone here that I have.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2005 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Teeny Bopper Rpgs
A Friend

Teeny Bopper Rpgs Reviews RPG & Card Board

That is one reason I'm not really into RPG's as much as I used to be. I am the type of person that takes my writing very seriously. Not saying that my writing is always serious, but I don't write anything when my mind is only halfway on it. Our site was getting so many younger members that were trying to use the RPG as an outlet for trying to be popular. Most of the posts would consist of:

Susie was staring at the fire with glistening tear drops. She wanted a boyfriend, but nobody would talk to her.

Bobby saw her staring at the fire and went over to her. "I love you. Let's make out."

I would get so frustrated because I would spend hours writing one post that was thought provoking and had deep, and I would get a five liner. "George walked in and sat down."

Another problem with being on a site where the mentality is of a child is that they have problems keeping reality and fiction separated. I have written some rather vicious characters in the past, and people have, for some reason, taken it personally. Next thing I know, I have some thirteen year old crying out that I don't like him/her.

6th Dec, 2005 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Rpgs Bopper Teeny

I definitely do not enjoy participating or even running an RPG with this age group for a number of reasons:

1. The level of patience at this age is deplorable and they are usually quick to complain if something is not going their way
2. Thos who 'seem' to be intellectual or mature still end up not appreciating the time take to run an RPG as shown by their here today gone tomorrow sort of attitude.
3. Bad diction generally, lazy writing skills without thought or expression.

Now of course there are adults that do the above, but the percentage for 15 and under is much higher.

Post Date: 19th Jan, 2006 - 9:22am / Post ID: #

Teeny Bopper Rpgs
A Friend

Rpgs Bopper Teeny

If you ever played Gemstone IV, in one of the elven towns...can't remember the name... it is usually where the "noobs" spawn. I would watch as these new players would speak in LEET or continously mispell and never acted in character. Sometimes, it took a lot of constraint for me not to run over to them and stab my sword into their eye....it was horrible.

Now, in our roleplaying group around my town, there is a girl who is at this age. She's barely coming around to roleplaying her vampire character better, but she didn't need alot of work. She had patience and showed interest, more than what other kids her age would. It was still abit annoying and kind of sad watching her try to roleplay for her first time.

undecided.gif

21st Jan, 2006 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Teeny Bopper Rpgs

I agree with all of you guys in a sense. There are many who will whine no matter what and some just shrug it off. I don't like playing with the newer role players rather the experienced one because they know it's just a game and is in fun.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Dec, 2006 - 9:39am / Post ID: #

Teeny Bopper Rpgs

I'm not clear on what this topic is referring to - I'm getting the idea its play-by-post or chat RPs, which I don't participate in, in most cases, because most I've encountered are freeform collaborative storytelling with no mechanical structure to help moderate actions.

I do have to say that I am having a bit of trouble with this term "teenybopper" and its blatantly and intentionally libelous association. I guess its just that I feel one can't really say "all games or game styles that are not like MINE all fall into this broad category which we'll call X". It just seems there's a fine line between pride in a more mature gaming style, and smarmy elitism.

16th Dec, 2006 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Teeny Bopper Rpgs Board Card & RPG Reviews

QUOTE (jpatt @ 16-Dec 06, 5:39 AM)
I do have to say that I am having a bit of trouble with this term "teenybopper" and its blatantly and intentionally libelous association. I guess its just that I feel one can't really say "all games or game styles that are not like MINE all fall into this broad category which we'll call X". It just seems there's a fine line between pride in a more mature gaming style, and smarmy elitism.

I think you are totally misinterpreting the point. First of all, you admit you have not participated in such RPG's, yet you feel somehow entitled to say/interpret the concept we have about "Teeny-boppers RPGs"?

Nobody here have said that ALL Rpgs out there are bad just because is not ours, that's childish and we are adults here.

You are very right about a thin line between pride and in a more mature gaming style, and smarmy elitism, as there is a fine line between knowing and assuming.

The bottom line: Hold your horses next time, cowboy. rolleyes.gif You are assuming too much.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Teeny Bopper Rpgs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,