Role-Playing Games - They Look At Me Weird - Page 3 of 3

I don't have any problems now but - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 5th Jun, 2016 - 1:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  Role-Playing Games,Look At Me Weird Because I play role-playing games - Role Play Gamer
8th May, 2010 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Role-Playing Games - They Look At Me Weird - Page 3

Many times people might put down something one or more people say or think, because they want to fit in. However DnD is not different than any other hobby. How many men are so obsessed with sports that they deny their family? Meaning, I think DnD is just another way for certain peoples to blow off steam or enjoy themselves. Same as being a football fan or baseball fan, what have you.

Sponsored Links:
8th May, 2010 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Weird Me Look - Games Role-Playing

The difference though is sports and stuff are seen as being part of manhood or manly but when you sit around a table or computer using your brains and immagination while rolling some dice you're considered a nerd, geek, .

8th May, 2010 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Role-Playing Games - They Look At Me Weird Reviews RPG & Card Board

So who is the idiot here? The one who chastises "nerds" for using their brain (when the system is so simple). Or the ones who mindlessly carry on chanting and hollering for their team to move a ball about a field.

I think the madness begins when you have so many people cheering for one thing. You draw all sorts of people and they get it started that everyone else is weird. Truth be told I think most people could care less about if you play DnD or not. However the media and a few pockets have stuck on this.

I don't think it is any less manly to play DnD. I know of many Americans who are very well built and know ninja type stuff in real life. They could smash the heck out of anyone, but they play DnD all the same. They even go so far as to promote this and are proud of it.

I think people use DnD as a way to segregate themselves and try to say you are that kind of person and I am this kind of person. When it is not really that case.

29th Jan, 2014 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Weird Me Look - Games Role-Playing

People will look at you weird no matter what you do. What might be weird for one person isn't going to be for the next. Still Role-playing Games have a level of taboo all on its own simply because people lack so much imagination.

5th Jun, 2016 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Weird Me Look - Games Role-Playing

I don't have any problems now but even if I did I wouldn't care. What I enjoy is my business. If role-playing is not your thing that's up to you but it won't stop me from enjoying what I like.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Role-Playing Games - They Look At Me Weird

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,