Role-Playing Games - They Look At Me Weird - Page 2 of 3

People will always try to stereotype what - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 8th May, 2010 - 1:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  Role-Playing Games,Look At Me Weird Because I play role-playing games - Role Play Gamer
21st May, 2006 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Role-Playing Games - They Look At Me Weird - Page 2

For me no one really takes it on, because everyone believes RPG refers to those games like 'Age of Empires" and "Diablo". Some religious groups know about RPGs through their pastor and have fought against them, but since they are not popular here hardly anyone says anything about it.

Offtopic but,
Konquererz: do your buds know about text based RPGing? Tell them to check here.

Sponsored Links:
20th Sep, 2007 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Weird Me Look - Games Role-Playing

Most times no one knows what I am talking about when I tell them about rpgs and when I explain they think it is some kinda cult thing.

Post Date: 4th May, 2008 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Role-Playing Games - They Look At Me Weird
A Friend

Role-Playing Games - They Look At Me Weird Reviews RPG & Card Board

I find that, nowadays many people consider rpgs just another form of gaming. I think perhaps rpgs have benefitted from the popularity of video games because I haven't really gotten strange looks from people since middle/ high school.

20th Jan, 2009 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Weird Me Look - Games Role-Playing

I really do not care much at all what people think I just want to have fun. No one would know I'm into this anyway unless they visited my bedroom. Its not like I go around saying I play in RPGs.

13th Jan, 2010 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Weird Me Look - Games Role-Playing

I think a lot of people echo Play by Post's thoughts here, though I generally am not averse to mentioning I do, but then again, I'm not very socially adept, so maybe it IS true in my case, my RPG fondness does mean I'm "weird". My grandmother used to worry about me playing D&D, and the next door neighbor mom also, but I think my mom, who was considered by everybody to be a very serious, level-headed and responsible woman, talked to them and explained the concepts and use of imagination, not summoning of demons, so I luckily have not had a whole lot of problems. Mostly it is the "Oh... I've heard of that, like D&D" but nowdays also get the more common "like WoW?"

5th May, 2010 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

I tend to not tell people I play DnD. This helps me avoid the whole weird thing. Though the other day I was driving home and saw a guy carrying a large fold up table across his back with a tote bag as well. I couldn't help but laugh and be like, "Ya, that guy plays DnD." Apparently it isn't as strange or out of the ordinary as it used to be. If your trying to get street cred though I would keep it to myself. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th May, 2010 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Role-Playing Games - Look Me Weird - Page 2

I know I do not advertise that I am a AD&D geek. Still word has gotten out and there are those who know I play. I have recently had some of the high school kids want to play 3.5 rules and I have 5 regular players now. I think they are wanting some others to join but the times have not be co productive for the other kids. I have set times for playing now and they are fine with that. I find it nice to know that I am helping to raise the next generation of AD&D geeks. biggrin.gif

8th May, 2010 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Role-Playing Games - Look Me Weird Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

People will always try to stereotype what they don't understand. I won't try to explain role-playing to anyone I don't think is ready for it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Role-Playing Games - They Look At Me Weird

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,