The Law & Conjoined Twins

The Law Conjoined Twins - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Dec, 2005 - 2:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Also Known As Siamese twins
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2005 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

The Law & Conjoined Twins

Conjoined Twins

Consider the law and the following:

1. Could one head be guilty of a crime and not the other if the other was against it, but was unable to stop it? If so, would it be fair for both heads to serve a jail term?

2. If both heads were in agreement about a criminal act and was caught, found guilty and now being sentenced, should the judge give twice the amount of time considering that two minds acted?

3. When filling in forms and other legal documents how would the first and last names be given? What about in the case where an inheritance is left for one head and not the other head?

Sponsored Links:
5th Dec, 2005 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Twins Conjoined and Law The

QUOTE (Neo)
1. Could one head be guilty of a crime and not the other if the other was against it, but was unable to stop it? If so, would it be fair for both heads to serve a jail term?

I am not sure how cojoined someone would have to be for this to be a problem, but I guess the second head would still be at fault and have to serve the time as well. He was after all still at the scene of the crime obviously.

QUOTE (Neo)
2. If both heads were in agreement about a criminal act and was caught, found guilty and now being sentenced, should the judge give twice the amount of time considering that two minds acted?

This I would have to say no, one length of sentence will do. Co-conspirators in a normal crime both serve their time together. They don't send one to jail and send the other when the first is released.

QUOTE (Neo)
3. When filling in forms and other legal documents how would the first and last names be given? What about in the case where an inheritance is left for one head and not the other head?

This I believe is kind of out there. Forms or documents I am sure would just be put in the dominant head I guess. An inheritance left for one but not the other is crazy. The person leaving the inheritance already knows they are one in the same, how could anything other be legally binding?

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

> TOPIC: The Law & Conjoined Twins

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,