Tofurky

Tofurky - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 15th Nov, 2007 - 6:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Tofurky Turkey for Vegans
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2005 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Tofurky

Tofurky

Would you eat Tofurky, it is Tofu made to taste like turkey?

Tofurky
Tofurky (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
2nd Dec, 2005 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Tofurky

Vegans said it is great, I think it all depends on how is cooked. I tried tofu in the past and I think the only thing I was not keen about is that jelly texture inside, other than that is just like chicken. If cook and seasoned properly I am sure it is a great dish...but please I want a real turkey this Christmas *thankyouverymuch*.

19th Nov, 2006 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

Tofurky Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I have tasted tofu before, and although it is tolerable when dried I definitely would not make it a first or second choice with my meals, in fact, seeing it imitating turkey is a turn off let alone eating it.

20th Nov, 2006 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

Tofurky

Excuse me, but isn't the whole idea of being vegan or vegetarian that you avoid meat? Why imitate that which is despised - the killing of animals?

Making tofu look and taste like meat is defeating the purpose, in my opinion. There are plenty of other delicious vegetarian dishes that can be enjoyed at the holidays.

In my opinion.
Roz

20th Nov, 2006 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Tofurky

Excuse me, but isn't the whole idea of being vegan or vegetarian that you avoid meat? Why imitate that which is despised - the killing of animals?

For people that never tasted meat before, they do not see the difference but I suppose they make things like this (Tofurky) for two reasons:

1. Those who are in the transition from eating meat to full vegetarians can enjoy a meal and not "miss" the craves about meat.

2. During Holiday Season is all about "family" and probably a tofurky would adapt quite well to a table of non-vegetarians without making the vegetarian look like a complete loser if he/she eats just a salad. *shrugs*

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2007 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Tofurky
A Friend

Tofurky

Tofu is not real food. laugh.gif

Tofurky is blasphemy! I am slowly morphing into a vegetarian, but to plan on seeing me eat anything like tofurky for thanksgiving! Besides, if you want turkey so bad you need to eat something that "looks" like it, or "tastes" like it, then just eat it! You obviously aren't ready to make the leap. I'm taking my time getting away from meat that way I don't have the cravings. I'm actually getting to the point where I don't want meat at all. But I still love turkey, chicken, and fish. Even if I eventually go vegetarian, I will always need to splurge on thanksgiving. And I'm not going to eat a tofurky! Eww!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Nov, 2007 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Tofurky

Sorry to the vegans reading this but I ain't eating that even if they gave me it free. lipsrsealed.gif

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2007 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

Tofurky
A Friend

Tofurky Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I have sent emails to the leaders of three major religions. The responded and all agree the Tofurky is blasphemy against Thanksgiving.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Tofurky

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,