Jesus In Islam - Page 2 of 3

I understand that, but how is Jesus seen as - Page 2 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 29th Mar, 2006 - 5:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2006 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Jesus In Islam
A Friend

Jesus In Islam - Page 2

What do you mean by savior of the world?

And I will just tell you the numbers/verses of the Quran because if I post them all, the forum will probably tell me the post is too long.

To understand Jesus in Islam...
See the following Quranic verses, and note that whatever is in brackets means it was added by a person to make it simple but is not what was originally revealed.

4:157-8 (Surah Nisa, verse 157 and 158)
5:75 (Surah Ma'idah, verse 75)
19:30-7 (Surah Maryam, verse 30-37)
43:61 (Surah Zukhruf, verse 61)

There are many other verses of the Quran mentioning Jesus..but these are the ones that should answer the questions you have.
peace

Sponsored Links:
29th Mar, 2006 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Islam Jesus

You need to give the actual quotes, not everyone here is familiar with the Quran to look this up. Use the quote tags when doing so.

I believe LDS_forever's question has to do with the Christian belief that Jesus suffered and died on behalf of mankind to save them from sin. So she is asking if Islam has this same belief.

QUOTE (Spreadpeace)
And I will just tell you the numbers/verses of the Quran because if I post them all, the forum will probably tell me the post is too long.

Have you read our Constructive Posting Policy? It tells you how to handle quotes - please read it as was required before registering. You merely have to give a couple of verses as opposed to the whole discourse.

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2006 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Jesus In Islam
A Friend

Jesus In Islam Islam Studies

In response to:

QUOTE (LDS_forever)
"I believe LDS_forever's question has to do with the Christian belief that Jesus suffered and died on behalf of mankind to save them from sin. So she is asking if Islam has this same belief."

No, Muslims do not believe this. I just realized I had the wrong concept of the word Messiah in my head. This must have threw you off. Sorry! Muslims believe that Jesus did not die, but was raised up to heaven body and soul by God, and will return before the Day of Judgement to fight the Anti Christ.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Learn how to use the quote tags.

29th Mar, 2006 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Islam Jesus

Thanks for the explanation Spreadpeace, when does the Islam believes Jesus Christ will return and what will happen with the people living on the Earth at the time of his coming?

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2006 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

Jesus In Islam
A Friend

Islam Jesus

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 10-Dec 05, 7:24 AM)
I have always understood the Muslims to accept Jesus as a Prophet of old, but not the Messiah because Muslims do not believe that Allah would allow a Son to go through such suffering and pain. The Quran also has its' own version of what Christ said and did that is different to the Bible.

Muslims in fact, DO accept that 'Isa ibn Maryam(peace be upon him) was the Messiah for the Jews. In fact he is referred to by the name Messih in the Qur'an.

Al-Ikhlas  ÓæÑÉ ÇáÅÎáÇÕ   
Sura #112   
1 Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;   
2 Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;  (this doesn't translate as powerfully as it should, the word as-samad, means one who is self-sustaining, and is without need of anyone or anything, an attribute which can only be applied to Allah) 
3 He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;   
4 And there is none like unto Him.

Allah is beyond the need for a Son. Allah alone can forgive sins. No man is born with the sin of his fathers, therefore there is no NEED for a saviour.

If a child for instance, dies, in Islam, we know the child will be in heaven. Ask any random group of Christians this same question and see what kind of answers you get. As well ask them to back it scripturally.
Reference: 
Sahih Bukhari: 
--Narrated Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "Every child is born with a true faith of Islam (I.e. to worship none but Allah Alone) but his parents convert him to Judaism, christianity or Magainism, as an animal delivers a perfect baby animal. Do you find it mutilated?" Then Abu Huraira recited the holy verses: "The pure Allah's Islamic nature (true faith of Islam) (I.e. worshipping none but Allah) with which He has created human beings. No change let there be in the religion of Allah (I.e. joining none in worship with Allah). That is the straight religion (Islam) but most of men know, not." (30.30)  (Book #23, Hadith #441) 

--Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Every child is born with a true faith of Islam (I.e. to worship none but Allah Alone) and his parents convert him to Judaism or christianity or Magianism, as an animal delivers a perfect baby animal. Do you find it mutilated?"  (Book #23, Hadith #467)

Message Edited!
Persephone: added the quote tags to differentiate your writing from others

29th Mar, 2006 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Jesus In Islam

QUOTE (IsaMuslim)
Messiah for the Jews...

Can you clarify in what way he was seen as a 'Messiah' for the Jews?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2006 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Jesus In Islam
A Friend

Jesus Islam - Page 2

ÅöÐú ÞóÇáóö ÇáúãóáÂÆößóÉõ íóÇ ãóÑúíóãõ Åöäøó Çááøåó íõÈóÔøöÑõßö ÈößóáöãóÉò ãøöäúåõ ÇÓúãõåõ ÇáúãóÓöíÍõ ÚöíÓóì ÇÈúäõ ãóÑúíóãó æóÌöíåÇð Ýöí ÇáÏøõäúíóÇ æóÇáÂÎöÑóÉö æóãöäó ÇáúãõÞóÑøóÈöíä

ó
Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah. 
(  ÓæÑÉ Âá ÚãÑÇä  , Aal-e-Imran:45, Chapter #3, Verse #45)

Ith qalati almalaikatu ya maryamu inna Allaha yubashshiruki bikalimatin minhu ismuhu almaseehu  AAeesa ibnu maryama wajeehan fee alddunya waalakhirati wamina almuqarrabeena

Christ, Messiah, Anointed One. In aramaic/hebrew/arabic, it will be a derivative of meseeh. Which is Messiah, this means Anointed One.

29th Mar, 2006 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Islam Studies Islam - Page 2

I understand that, but how is Jesus seen as a Messiah to the Jews only? And what was he anointed to do? It could not be that he was to convert them to Islam, because your Prophet had not come yet. If you would be so kind as to clear this up as I really do not understand how Muslims view Christ. Does the Quran have textual words as they were taught by him or just that he came to the Jews?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Jesus In Islam

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,