Hot Chocolate

Hot Chocolate - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2006 - 4:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2005 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

Hot Chocolate
A Friend

Hot Chocolate

I was making hot chocolate a few minutes ago (Mmmmm) and was pouring my milk in my coffee mug to heat up, then I started thinking about the different ways people make hot chocolate. Some people use water and some people use milk. What do you have a tendency to prefer and why?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Dec, 2005 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Chocolate Hot

Oh definetly milk!. I know some products say you can use water but milk give such a rich taste to the whole thing!.

4th Dec, 2005 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Hot Chocolate Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I use hot water to pour into the mix -- I think it dissolves better in the hot water. *Then* I use milk to make it creamier and cool it off a little. Yum. Oh, and the little mini-marshmallows for the fun smile.gif

23rd Dec, 2005 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Chocolate Hot

10 great places to savor exquisite hot chocolate

Personally I love chocolate hot or cold, but hot is extra special on cold days. If you live in the USA then there are special places you can visit to taste the best Hot Chocolate ever. See more information here:
https://www.usatoday.com/travel/destination...chocolate_x.htm

Here is a sample:

Mio Gelato- Portland

"Stop in for cioccolato caldo, an authentic Italian-style hot chocolate (the taste is not super sweet, but the texture is very rich and thick like gelato), available with creamy homemade whipped cream," Fairchild says.

and...
The City Bakery - New York

"Hot chocolate here is an intense chocolate indulgence," Fairchild says. "Enjoy it with one of Chef Maury Rubin's homemade marshmallows or order one of his legendary pretzel croissants. There's even a Chocolate Room (if it's made of chocolate, it's for sale here) in which to browse while you sip."

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2006 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Hot Chocolate
A Friend

Chocolate Hot

I have to agree with LDS_forever. With water it doesn't taste as chocolately and its really thin. Heat up the milk and then add chocolate powder is the best in the winter. I love little marshmellows.

9th Feb, 2006 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

Hot Chocolate

Yes, it is definitely better with milk! But I usually use water to save on milk, because sometimes I get in the habit of having hot chocolate quite often for a few weeks or so. Has anyone seen the movie "Chocolat?" In it, the woman (can't remember her name) adds chili powder to a batch of chocolate. I decided to try that one day to see if it actually tasted good, and now I add chili powder and cinnamon to my hot cocoa almost every time, as well as to chocolate frosting. YUM! You may doubt, but try it and let me know what you think!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Feb, 2006 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Hot Chocolate
A Friend

Hot Chocolate

Well, it also depends on what kind of chocolate you use. There are different kinds and I know some which are better with water than with milk. But mostly I make it with pure cocoa, milk and sugar. It's also more healthy than the products you buy.
Ah well... Long live hot chocolate biggrin.gif

23rd Apr, 2006 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

Hot Chocolate Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Dimavo, I'm looking forward to trying that! Yes, I saw Chocolat, but I thought she said it was "a special kind" of chili powder. Didn't think I could just use any old thing.

Here is the new way my mom and her sisters have dreamed up: You must use boiling water for this. Mix the hot chocolate until it is all dissolved, then drop in one Hershey's chocolate kiss (unwrapped, of course) and stir well. Then spoon a dollop of frozen Cool Whip on top. Can you say r-I-c-h? Wowzers!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Hot Chocolate

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,