Christmas Parade

Christmas Parade - Christmas - Posted: 9th Dec, 2007 - 9:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3rd Dec, 2005 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Parade

Our little town has an annual Christmas parade, and it is so much fun! We went this morning, my daughter and her friend from school and I, and we had a great time. Marching bands, drill teams, floats, classic cars, boy scouts and girl scouts, motorcycle drill teams, ROTC, clowns, horses, dogs, and even a camel this year smile.gif Oh, and of course, Santa Claus. At the end of the parade is a huge artsy-craftsy festival at the war memorial park. We love the Christmas parade!

Does your town have one? Do you go?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Dec, 2005 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Parade
A Friend

Parade Christmas

**rubs head** Yes, we had ours yesterday. Our daycare entered a float, and the whole ordeal was a headache all day long. The people who sponsored the parade this year put a theme on it: A Salute to Our Heroes. While I find it a great idea for a Memorial Day parade or a Veterans Day Parade, I didn't really find it appropriate for a Christmas Parade.

We did our salute to Rosie the Riviter, and had our girls dress up as Rosie with the red bandana. The majority of our float was made out of napkins, and it was raining all day long, so putting it together was a pain. It looked pretty decent when we got done.

It was so crazy. I haven't been to a parade to spectate since I was about ten. It would be nice. I've been in marching band since I was in 7th grade, and so I've forgotten what it's like to enjoy a parade.

I'm glad you guys had fun!

8th Dec, 2007 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Christmas Parade Christmas

Florida Christmas Parade Float Runs Over, Kills Boy

What a tragedy! We hearing so many stories of accidents of this type on parades. My heart goes to this boy and his poor family at this time of sorrow.

PLANT CITY, Fla. -  A festive parade turned to tragedy after a float ran over and killed a 9-year-old boy, MyFoxTampaBay.com reports.

The boy, who was passing out candy from the Greater Heights Worship Center Float along the parade route, became caught under a wheel and was run over.

He was taken to a hospital in extremely critical condition and later died.

9th Dec, 2007 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Parade Christmas

That's really tragic for the little boy's family in losing someone so young and under circumstances which in normal occasions should have been happy times!
I feel really sorry for them having to go through that at this time of year.

Our area doesn't have a Christmas parade, but I would certainly go if they did have one.

The closest we have is the Christmas charity motor bike run, where hundreds of motor bikers ride through the area dressed up as Father Christmas, beeping their horns, and the public clap and cheer them on their journey to a childrens hospital for very sick kids where they donate sack fulls of toys and teddys. It's always a great sight to see, especially when many people don't trust bikers!

> TOPIC: Christmas Parade

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,