Favorite Christmas Memory

Favorite Christmas Memory - Christmas - Posted: 4th Dec, 2005 - 5:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

4th Dec, 2005 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

Favorite Christmas Memory

My favorite christmas memory was when I was about 10 years old. My sister and I woke up around 3:00 in the morning and just couldn't wait to see what was under neath the tree. When we went to the living room, the tree was lit up and surrounded by presents. And in front were two shiny new bicycles. Our first "big kid" bikes. We both were so excited but knew that it was too early to wake our parents. They were always grumpy when waking them up. So we sat together in my father's recliner in our Garfield nightgowns, just staring at those bikes. Our parents woke up to find us in that recliner asleep. I can still remember the smell of the real tree in the house and the feel of the nightgown. My sister had worn those nightgowns so many nights that the fabric had become worn out and rough. I smile everytime I think of that Christmas.

I want to know everyone else's favorite holiday memories

smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
4th Dec, 2005 - 5:15am / Post ID: #

Memory Christmas Favorite

My favorite christmas memory... Not real sure actually, it is kind of confusing or complicated I'm just not sure which.

1. The first year that I had a job and made my own money, I bought my mom a very nice pan set. She had wanted good pans for years but wouldn't spend the money on them. I can remember exactly the look on her face when she opened them. I can remember exactly how her arms felt around me when she hugged me.

2. This one actually came from many different years. I would on Christmas Eve, go into the kitchen and help my mom make the dressing. I remember crumbling the cornbread into a HUGE bowl, adding the onions, boiled eggs, and celery that she had already cut (she wouldn't let me use a knife, I was too little) along with all the other stuff, adding water, and mixing it all with my hands. I remember how it felt between my fingers, I remember how it would smell of all sorts of unusual smells, but it never smelt exactly the same.

Not sure which of these is all together my favorite, but they are both right up there near the top.

4th Dec, 2005 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Favorite Christmas Memory Christmas

I do not know if I have one specific Christmas moment or memory, but I do remember how it used to be as a kid - the excitement of Santa coming, the gifts, good food, visiting relatives, etc. Now I see Christmas so different, I wish I had memories of doing something more service oriented. I need to find my butt out there giving a helping hand to those in need and thus experiencing the true meaning of Christmas and building worthwhile memories other than gifts and food.

> TOPIC: Favorite Christmas Memory

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,