Krampus

Krampus - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2015 - 2:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Krampus Theological Demon / Demonology
Post Date: 18th May, 2013 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Krampus

Krampus

This Thread is reserved for Discussion about the demon: Krampus.

This demon may have an alternative spelling or name associated with: Krampus (Germanic-Christian Demonology) but may have references to other theology or even mythology, and folklore.

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Krampus
Krampus (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
4th Oct, 2015 - 9:30am / Post ID: #

Krampus

This is from German folk lore. The Krampus is supposed to be the demon that comes for those that are naughty. Maybe it was a tale meant to scare the children because saying that Santa Claus would no bring gifts was not good enough.

21st Dec, 2015 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Krampus Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I always found Krampus interesting, in how it was a part of the folklore surrounding Santa Claus, Father Christmas, or whatever name we give the gift giver.

It is also intriguing to watch how he has become such a well known and even popular figure in more recent years. This... Partner or companion of Santa being the one to punish bad children did allow for the other to be the nice one while letting the stories of them keep children behaving.

I am interested to see others thoughts on Krampus, and perhaps even offer more then myself.

21st Dec, 2015 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Krampus

Its not as much fun to always see someone happy. Its like a Ying and Yang - they want to see the darkside and so we have Krampus, the one that is all the opposite of what is good about Santa. Honestly, I think its just the general connection between good and evil.

22nd Dec, 2015 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Krampus

Scrooge and the Grinch held the positions of Santa's 'enemies' but since Hollywood made Krampus popular its the new thing. Scoorge and the Grinch just aren't as scary or gory. rolleyes.gif

> TOPIC: Krampus

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,