Man Arrested For Helping Commuter

Man Arrested Helping Commuter - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Dec, 2005 - 4:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2005 - 4:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

A man was arrested in Atlanta for helping a commuter when he had trouble with the subway token machine. Donald Pirone bought a token for the man who was having the problem, and the man gave him money for it. He paid the same amount for it from Pirone who was helping that he would have had he bought it out of the machine. Pirone had not asked for money but was merely given it.

He was then handcuffed under the pretense that he had broken a 1992 law that restricted people from selling tokens. They were losing tons of money from people buying them, and then selling them for higher prices. The transit authority stands behind their decision to have the man arrested and handcuffed.

Complete story:

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10398150/

How do you think instances such as this will affect people's desire to help other people? Do you feel that the actions were justified?

Sponsored Links:
10th Dec, 2005 - 4:47am / Post ID: #

Commuter Helping Arrested Man

Very interesting. I don't believe that people in general are going to be affected in any generic way. I think that there are going to be a lot of different thoughts from many different people with their personal decisions to help people. I personally would like to say that helping someone is worth anything that it costs me if it makes a difference in their world as I scripturally believe that it should be. However, It does give me the thoughts that helping people isn't always in the helpers best interest. This is something of a dramatic way to show that, but it seems to be how everything is now. *Would I have helped in this situation?* More than likely YES. So had I been there I guess I would be in jail now. Understanding now that the transit authority is full of idiots and egotistical ********** people, if I am faces with this situation tomorrow things would be different. I most likely would buy a token and drop it on the ground. I can't get in trouble for being clumsy, I hope...

The Transit Authority is in the wrong. The law was passed to prevent individuals from making money off of the transit system. I hope that he sues them before this is over. I know that is not the best thought that I should be having, but my honest opinion anyway.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

> TOPIC: Man Arrested For Helping Commuter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,