World Cup Draw - Who Will Progress?

World Cup Draw Progress - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 17th Dec, 2005 - 1:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
11th Dec, 2005 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

I would like to know what everyone thinks about the World Cup draw. Who do you think will qualify from each group and why. And do you think the draw was in any way rigged to favour Germany. The hosts have got the easiest group by far.

The World Cup Draw

Group A: Germany, Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador

Group B: England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden

Group C: Argentina, Cote d"Ivoire, Serbia and Montenegro, Netherlands

Group D: Mexico, Iran, Angola, Portugal

Group E: Italy, Ghana, USA, Czech Republic

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

Group G: France, Switzerland, Korea Republic, Togo

Group H: Spain, Ukraine, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia

My thoughts are:
Group A: Germany and Poland. I think the real battle will be between Poland and Ecuador, but the Poles for me have the credentials and experience to move through. Costa Rica are outclassed.

Group B: England and Sweden. This is a fairly tough group but Sweden and England for me. Although it will be very tight. Paraguay vs Sweden will be a cracker. Can't see Trinidad making an impression against this quality.

Group C: This is one of the tougherst groups but Argentina and Netherlands are looking very good at the moment. Watch out for Serbia, a dark horse in this comp. All eastern European teams must be respected. And the Africans are unknowns but have Drogba.

Group D: Mexico and Portugal should have too much class, but yet again Iran and Angola must be respected. Portugal always underperform.

Group E: Another tough one. I think Czech Republic will win this group and Italy will just scrape through. In fact I think the Czechs are one of the teams to beat. If the US can keep their defence solid they could surprise, but recent results aren't encouraging. Ghana always produces some of the best youth teams in the world so they could upset.

Group F: Brasil in a canter. Second place is really up for grabs. I think Croatia are disadvantaged because they play Brasil first. Australia has the talent but lacks the experience. And Japan did well at their own World Cup but this is Germany. I would probably give Croatia the edge, but my heart says the Socceroos.

Group G: France and Korea, two excellent teams. But Switzerland are on the rise and can surprise. Togo is perhaps one of the weaker African nations to qualify.

Group H: Another very weak group. Spain and Ukraine must qualify. Tunisia are good enough to pull an upset.

I hate to sound cynical, but the draw rather favoured Germany. No African teams, one of the weakest Europeans and the weakest South American. What does everyone think?

another thing, does anyone know the best place to get tickets?

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 11th Dec, 2005 - 4:36am

Sponsored Links:
14th Dec, 2005 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Progress Will - Draw Cup World

Arvhic, your assessment seems about right, but do not be surprised about some of these upcoming teams causing an upset, also, I doubt anything was set to favor Germany as we could say the same about Brasil. As for tickets, see: https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....showtopic=15699

15th Dec, 2005 - 9:35am / Post ID: #

World Cup Draw - Who Will Progress? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Thanks for that JB. I hope the up and coming teams do very well. My favourite team at the last World Cup was Senegal. I would love to see another Senegal take the stage from more illustrious football luminaries

15th Dec, 2005 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

My thoughts are:

Group A: This is definitely the easiest group and it is not by chance that Germany got it. In every world cup, the host always get some kind of special treatment. Costa Rica is definitely out of the game. I am not very sure about Poland and Ecuador (both are weak teams) but I think it would be an interesting game to watch. But the final probably be Germany-Poland but I am not very sure.

Group B: This is a tough group for the new qualified Trinidad and Tobago. I will be extremely surprised if Trinidad beat Sweden but I think anything is possible in a World Cup. Nobody wanted to play Sweden!. The final prediction is England-Sweden although my heart goes to Trinidad of course!.

Group C: I am not saying this because I am from Argentina but this is definitely the toughest group of all, we are never lucky on this *shaking head*. I feel confident that Argentina will beat the african team (they are VERY good) and hopefully will beat the Netherlands (another team nobody wanted to play with!). But I think we may be able to make it.

Group D: Mexico-Portugal without a doubt.

Group E: Ghana-Czech Republic. I think Ghana is a very good team and can make big surprises in this world cup.

Group F: Australia will definitely beat Japan. I have seen the Australians played and they are good, I am just concerned whether they will be able to cope with the excitement after so many years of not being in a world cup. Croatia could surprise Brazil too, although my prediction will be Australia-Brazil. This is a very easy group for Brazil that is always favorite in world cups also.

Group G: France and Korea definitely.

Group H: Spain-Tunisia. If Spain does not qualify with such a weak group, then they better never show up in a world cup again!.

16th Dec, 2005 - 9:27am / Post ID: #

You make some solid predictions LDS and perhaps show more confidence for Australia's chances than I do.

But I do believe we are a better team then world thinks and are good enough to make it. Question is how would Uruguay have gone in that group, they would probably be second favourite. One thing Australia has in its advantage is we have a strong sporting culture so the event shouldn't get the better of us.

I believe argentina.gifs will qualify, I'm quite confident of that. Too much class. I hope Carlitos Tevez plays every game, I think that guy is awesome. But Serbia would be the danger side for me in that group. Netherlands should qualify.

Brave to not pick Italy, but I think unless they change their defensive style, Ghana will be given the advantage. I don't hink this will be America's World Cup, they had a rather fortunate draw last time.

I would agree with you about the hosts as well, draws always favour them. And its strange they were always picked first.

16th Dec, 2005 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

But I do believe we are a better team then world thinks and are good enough to make it

Yes, you all are indeed! and I think the Australia team is not going to dissapoint their people, after so many years of not being in a World Cup can have different reactions to players but one of them could be definetly an incredible strenght and prove that there is a reason for being there.

Brave to not pick Italy, but I think unless they change their defensive style, Ghana will be given the advantage.

I don't like the recent games I see of Italy. It is such a different team from the 90's. I think Ghana could pretty much surprised them and even injure their players quiet a bit (my goodness, did you notice how some African players in world cups really HIT VERY hard and injure other players and pretty much they get away with it because they are consider "new" in the whole thing?). I think Italy should not feel so confident. Look at Argentina-Camerun in Italy 90!.

I would agree with you about the hosts as well, draws always favour them. And its strange they were always picked first

The hosts are always set in such a place to reach the final 4's. Don't ask me how that is possible *rolling eyes*. Same with Brazil.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Dec, 2005 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

World Cup Draw - Will Progress

Yeah I agree with you on all three points. Although I think the Africans have such masterful technique they don't need to injure people.

And quite frankly I am sick of seeing the Italians talent go to waste on stingy defensive tactics so I hope Ghana does them over.

17th Dec, 2005 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

World Cup Draw - Will Progress Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Although I think the Africans have such masterful technique they don't need to injure people.

I guess that after watching that awful game Argentina-Camerun in Italy 90' and how the African players injured so badly some of the players, I became psychologically affected *shrugs*

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: World Cup Draw - Who Will Progress?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,