Prince - Page 2 of 5

The greatest cover song of all time? IT'S - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 10th Dec, 2015 - 12:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
6th Mar, 2007 - 4:47am / Post ID: #

Prince - Page 2

Prince's halftime show at the Super Bowl is pretty much the number 1 complaint at the FCC as of late. His behind the curtain guitar work has many up in arms about it being allowed to be seen on television. One father sent the following:

international QUOTE
It was obscene to show Prince, a homosexual through a sheet, as to show his sillouette while his guitar showed a phalic symbol coming from his midrift section.  I am very offended and would have preferred not to show it to my 4 children who love football.  One of them had hoped to be a quarterback and now he will turn out gay.  I am actually considering to check him for HIV.  Thanks CBS for turning my son GAY

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...305072fcc1.html

I don't know what people here think, but if your son can be "Turned gay" and "Catch HIV" from viewing Prince playing his guitar, you probably should have been looking into the "Gay" angle a little earlier than the Super Bowl. I cannot help but get a really negative picture of what the authors of these letters actually look like, as some of the comments they contain are pure ignorance.

Oh...and don't doubt that this is exactly what Prince wanted. He was attempting to walk as close to the line with not actually crossing the line as he could...nice job "Purple One".

Sponsored Links:
6th Mar, 2007 - 7:45am / Post ID: #

Prince

Interestingly, this is the first I've heard of this incident - I saw nothing in the mainstream media about either the Snickers commercial or Prince's performance. I didn't see the halftime show myself, so I have no opinion of it, though the graphic descriptions are clear enough.

What is CBS thinking to put on something like that? Is it a test to see what kind of reaction is generated, how many people are outraged enough to write in and complain?

Interesting times we live in.

6th Mar, 2007 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

Prince Sports & Fashion Music Movies

You know you have to question what is going on when the artist says: I got it! I will go on stage and do my thing and you just raise up a bed sheet and I will hide behind it. OH...but to not let them fear about me leaving the stage, just cast my shadow on the sheet while I do my song. From what I have seen of most artist, they rather like the spotlight and wouldn't want to share it with even a 1000 thread count sheet.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2007 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Prince

MUSIC RETAILERS FUME OVER PRINCE CD GIVEAWAY

Music retailers have lashed out at musician Prince who is giving away his latest CD in a British newspaper, weeks before its official release on July 24.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2007/06...e-giveaway.html

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2010 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Prince

Prince to get lifetime BET award

Pop star Prince is to receive a lifetime achievement honour at the BET awards later this month. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2013 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Prince

Prince threatens fans who leave show

How did Prince close out South by Southwest Music Festival's week-long showcase of rock 'n roll? Ref. Source 9

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd May, 2013 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Prince - Page 2

Prince In San Diego

Prince Rogers Nelson, known by his stage name Prince, brings his funk-dance-rock stylings to San Diego's Hard Rock Hotel this weekend with four performances over two days. Ref. SignOnSanDiego.com

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2015 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Prince Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

The greatest cover song of all time?

IT'S a big call, we know. But this cover song is so insane and indisputably good that the original band ordered Prince to put his version on YouTube. Ref. Source 3n

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Prince

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,