Father, Son Tag-team Armed Robbers

Father Son Tag-team Armed Robbers - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2005 - 11:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2005 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Father, Son Tag-Team Armed Robbers

MILWAUKEE -- A Milwaukee father and son said they thought it was a joke when two men with guns entered their home on Friday night. But once guns were at their heads, they fought back, reported WISN-TV. Police said two armed men walked up the stairs, knocked on the door and planned to rob the home of Alfredo Hernandez and his son. "I saw the pistol ... to my son's head," Hernandez said. "If they were going to shoot anybody, they were going to shoot me."
Ref. https://www.newsnet5.com/news/5569327/detai...sp=nationalnews

Sponsored Links:
20th Dec, 2005 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

Robbers Armed Tag-team Son Father

This is actually a somewhat inspiring story but I am afraid of the image that it portrays to the younger audience. Everything worked out very well in this situation but what would have happened had the father not been able to control the man with the gun enough to keep from being shot? Would he then have shot the son also? What about the daughter and granddaughter? How far would he have gone had they not been able to stop him? I myself would have most likely made the same choices as the father in the article. But I can be wrong as well as the next guy so I am not sure if it would be the correct choice to make or not. I have been held at gun point during a robbery at a bowling center that I worked at and it is a very humbling situation for anyone. I didn't act to prevent anything then, but there were a large number of us and we didn't know how desperate the man was and how far he would go without harming anyone there. It worked out very well for us not to do anything and the police got him on the way out of the door. (a co-worker was able to hide and call the police) We were all very lucky and I believe a lot is to be learned after a situation that is questionable such as that.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2005 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Father, Son Tag-team Armed Robbers History & Civil Business Politics

It is a very inspiring story, but I agree to some extent with what bwren said. Sometimes it is much better to just let them go ahead and steal what they want, rather than risk somebody losing a life. It's something that needs to be judged on a situational pattern. What made the father act out was seeing his son in harms way, and I could only imagine what a parent would go through seeing their son/daughter with a gun to their head. I don't have any children, but I have 100 girls at work that I feel like are my daughters. I can't honestly say what I would do if somebody was putting them in a threatening situation.

I do commend both of them for standing up in a dangerous situation, but I do think that in the telling of this story it would be a good opportunity for them to write about safety precautions that could be taken.

Bwren, I commend you for getting through a situation like that. My brother was robbed by gun point when he lived back in Florida. I am not so sure how I would respond to having a gun in my face. I don't think I would have the courage to stand up to him like these two guys did. I would probably be more of the type to comply with their wishes.

23rd Dec, 2005 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Babyblues)
I would probably be more of the type to comply with their wishes.

That is most likely the safest way to handle yourself. If a robber isn't threatened by you he will most likely let you be. What would your fiancee want you to do in a situation such as that? I don't think he would want you to take any extra risks that you did not have to take. I know that is how protective I am of my fiancee.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2005 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I know my fiance would want me to do whatever it took to ensure I come out on the other side safe. Of course, I can almost gurantee that if he were in that same situation, and there was a gun to my head, he probably wouldn't just sit back .

> TOPIC: Father, Son Tag-team Armed Robbers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,