Japan - Page 3 of 4

What is impressive right now about the Japanese - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Mar, 2011 - 11:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Japanese Tradition Japan Culture & Traditions
27th Jul, 2010 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Japan - Page 3

Actually, due to the high stress and suicide rates among the young of Japan about 12 years ago...the Japanese education system started what was called relaxed education. Less importance was paid to getting prepped for the elite colleges and more on intramurals and sports. The first students from this have just graduated and hit the workforce and the results arent pretty. Apparently, they are not as good as employees trained under the old pressure cooker according to employers (not sure that that is a unbiased assessment). As a result, the education system is going back to the old ways with paramount importance placed on grades and prep schools.

So they are aware of the problem, but they do not like the results of dealing with it. Inefficient workers...

Sponsored Links:
28th Jul, 2010 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Japan

Why the extreme? The impression I always get about Japanese people in general (of course an stereotype) is their focus on perfectionism and respect to elders. Most bright Japanese children I have personally met were more over stimulated rather than naturally gifted.

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2010 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Japan Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Cool off in Japan's ghost houses

Need to escape Japan's worst heatwave since records began in 1898? Try cooling off in haunted houses or "obake yashiki", the traditional summertime venues. Ref. Source 5

6th Sep, 2010 - 7:10am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Japan

I will go with the respect for elders and seniority being highly prized (although less with the recent generation 2 generations). However, I used to think that the Japanese were perfectionist prior to staying here for any real period of time. What I have found is that the Japanese are very perfectionist when it comes to following direction and procedures. What I have really noticed in asia, is that if there is any issue that isn't expected and documented in a procedure, that they have a very hard time of thinking and reacting on the fly. This is where I noticed that westerners excel. However, westerners have problems sometimes following the procedures or direction given.

The school pressure comes from every corner. The school pressures the students. The parents pressure the students. In turn, the student themselves put pressure on themselves and sometimes it is too much pressure...some snap. The school and likely the cram school as well get notoriety if a student of theirs gets accepted to a prestigious college in Japan. I recently saw a banner that had the name of a student that was accepted to Tokyo University posted in front of the high school he was attending. Getting into the right school in Japan is very much a key to what your standard of living will be. While we have some highly thought of schools in the US, it isn't nearly the stamp of instant success that going to the right school in Japan is...thus the competition and the pressure that goes with it.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2010 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Japan

Name: Selby

Comments: Can someone please answer for me why the haiku has to have seventeen syllables?

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2010 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Japan

Japan aims to make travel easier

Japan is planning to recruit dozens of foreigners to visit the country and give advice on how to make things more travel-friendly for non-Japanese speaking visitors. Ref. Source 7

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Oct, 2010 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Japan - Page 3

I did recently try a obake yashiki or haunted house at an amusement park near Mt Fuji. It was pretty well done and the way that they had you tour through the place added to it as they just gave you a flashlight and pointed you in the right direction. The theme was a hospital that was taken over by a disease that left everyone souless like zombies. One grown woman behind our group totally freaked out crying and screaming at anything that jumped out or meandered about. My wife left a bruise on my arm that didn't leave for about a week! It really was like falling into the set of a japanese horror movie. Good fun if you like haunted houses.

Source 7

Wikipedia has a good definition on Haiku.

17th Mar, 2011 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Japan Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

What is impressive right now about the Japanese is their ability to be humble in disaster. They form lines, do not complain and express gratitude for whatever is given to them.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Japan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,