Oklahoma Tornadoes - Page 2 of 2

It's that time of the year again! - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th May, 2016 - 10:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Oklahoma Oklahoma City Tornado
Post Date: 22nd May, 2013 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Oklahoma Tornadoes - Page 2

The mayor of tornado-ravaged Moore, Oklahoma says he'll try to get an ordinance passed requiring storm shelters or safe rooms in new housing projects. "I have six councilmen and I need four votes to get it passed," Mayor Glenn Lewis told CNN today.

The mammoth EF5 tornado hit the town Monday, killing 24 people, including 9 children, and wrecking 2,400 homes. Very few residents had access to a storm shelter.

"Probably less than one tenth of one percent" Of the houses in Moore are built with basements, said Mike Hancock, president of Basement Contractors in Edmond, Oklahoma. But Hancock and other experts say affordable shelters are feasible.

An above-ground shelter runs $8,000 to $10,000; a small basement would cost $15,000 to $20,000; and a concrete cellar built during new-house construction would cost as little as $2,200, said Mike Barnett, a custom homebuilder in the area for 37 years. Ref. CNN

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st May, 2013 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

Tornadoes Oklahoma

The National Weather Service issued a tornado emergency for the western Oklahoma City metro area.

The emergency includes the suburbs of Yukon, Bethany and Oklahoma City. A tornado emergency means that a large, destructive tornado is moving into a densely populated area and widespread damage and fatalities are likely.

Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport was being evacuated. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2013 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Oklahoma Tornadoes History & Civil Business Politics

The town of Moore, which lost 24 people, including 10 children, during a May 20 tornado, is also under threat. About 1,000 passengers at the Will Rogers Airport were evacuated. Residents and travelers in Mustang, Yukon, Bethany and southwest Oklahoma City were urged to seek shelter immediately. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2013 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Tornadoes Oklahoma

At least 5 dead and reports of "Widespread" Injuries after tornadoes slammed the Oklahoma City area Friday night. Heavy rain, floods and hail are hampering rescue efforts. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2013 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Tornadoes Oklahoma

EF5 Tornado - Widest Tornado

The National Weather Service upgraded the deadly tornado that struck near Oklahoma City late last week to a top-of-the-scale EF5, and said the twister's 2.6-mile width is the widest ever recorded in the U.S. The Oklahoma City area has seen two extremely rare EF5 tornadoes in less than a month. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2015 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Oklahoma Tornadoes

One dead after tornado hits Oklahoma mobile home park

An "Extremely dangerous" Tornado swept through eastern Oklahoma Wednesday evening, killing one person and destroying several mobile homes west of Tulsa, authorities said. Ref. USAToday

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th May, 2016 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

Oklahoma Tornadoes - Page 2

It's that time of the year again! Tornadoes are wrecking havoc all over the state. And I kid you not, I am typing this from the bar area at work while we hid in our beer storage. It seems that we do this at least three times a month during April amd May. Ive expereinced storms before, and it was my sophmore year in highschool when the 2013 tornado hit Central Moore, about 5 blocks away from the school itself. I will just have to make sure to request days off from work so I can voulenteer and help clean up this mess, as I usually do about this time every single year.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Oklahoma Tornadoes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,